3rd party error

Flight Simulator 2002. Questions, suggestions, problems or solutions... aim here!

3rd party error

Postby leegplayer » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:26 am

I have recently downloaded an aircraft (A330) and extracted the files as directed including the FSSOUND.DLL file but keep getting this error
'sound-file ungueltig'.  Can anyone explain this.  I have inserted the Old module listing in the cfg file as per previous posts but this is not stopping this error.  I have also tried version 1.4.0.0 and 1.5.0.0 of FSSOUND.dll
leegplayer
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: 3rd party error

Postby Hagar » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:31 am

This is a common error. I suspect you're missing a sound file. Check the downloaded zipfile for a separate Sound folder containing one or more files in WAV format. (Not the Sound subfolder of the aircraft itself.) These files should be pasted into your FS2002\Sound folder.

If you tell me exactly where to download this file I can check it out for you.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby leegplayer » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:46 am

Thanks for the quick response.  The file is: 'CyA330-200.zip'
leegplayer
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Hagar » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:32 am

I found the file but can't duplicate your problem. Sorry.

This error is usually caused by a missing sound file associated with a gauge on the panel. I check out a lot of panels so it's quite likely I already have the missing file(s) installed.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby leegplayer » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:44 am

Is there any way of tracking the missing sound file by looking in one of the .cfg files or will one of the available panel detection programs that are available on the download site work?
leegplayer
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Hagar » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:51 am

Unless the error message lists the name of the missing file the only way to track it down is by a process of elimination. You can do this by remarking (disabling) the gauge entries in Panel.cfg one by one, trying the aircraft in FS each time.  The most likely culprit is the call-out gauge number 30 under [Window00]

Remark it like this & try it.

// gauge30=FPDA_A320_Callout,  271,433,10

If that's not it try gauge29 & so on until you find it. Unfortunately that will isolate the problem gauge but not the name of the missing sound file.
Last edited by Hagar on Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Return to FS 2002