Two problem planes

Flight Simulator 2002. Questions, suggestions, problems or solutions... aim here!

Two problem planes

Postby Jamie » Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:41 pm

I have the fantastic cv240aal , but have to exit my FS2002 Pro sim each time I fly or I cannot go to another plane
Jamie
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Two problem planes

Postby Hagar » Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:46 pm

I'll be happy to check these out for you but you'll have to be more specific. I need the file names & exact pages they're posted on in order to download them.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Jamie » Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:51 pm

Hi Hagar ,
May take me a bit , but I'll get back possibly tomorrow .
Thanks ,
Jamie
Jamie
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Jamie » Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:57 pm

Hagar ,

I re-installed the Convair 240 and may be OK ( at least it seems ok for the moment ) .  I'll have to find out where I got the Cherokee 140 .
Thanks ,
Jamie
Jamie
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Jamie » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:16 pm

Hagar ,
Guess I spoke too soon . I just flew the Convair and then positioned it back at DFW and attempted to change to my Cessna 195 .  The hour glass came up and remained !!
I am pretty sure I got the CV240 at Classic Airliners and had to get a panel and sound separately .  I am not sure if the plane in my aircraft folder is the same as the one I just now " installed " as instructed , but this one in the folder shows the sound to be aliased to the default 182 , but sounds like the CV240 I installed yesterday with an alias to my DC-3 sound ????  Got them mixed up somehow I guess so may have to start all over ??  I surely don't see how it could show aliased to the 182 yet sound like a DC3 ???   The version I now have in my Aircraft folder in FS2002 also shows to have the panel aliased to the default 182 , but has the nice Convair panel that I think I also got at Classic Airliners .

I have a new PC , but also had some similar problems with the CV240 from times to time on my old PC and could not select another plane without exiting the sim completely and re-starting the sim .  
Jamie
Jamie
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Jamie » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:25 pm

Hagar ,

I have been unable to find that cherokee 140 again .  No tellin where I found it sometime back .  Alex Melia has a Cherokee 180 , but is payware I think so that should not be the same one ??  Don't worry about this one .
I do thik the Convair has some sort of conflict which may not manifest itself consistently ????  It certainly has fantastic wing views !!  
Jamie
Jamie
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:32 pm

You seem to be in a bit of a mess. Can't you find a clue to the author of that PA28 somewhere in the files?

I found the Convair 240 at Tom Gibson's site. http://www.calclassic.com/convair.htm
The
Last edited by Hagar on Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Jamie » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:45 pm

Ha Hagar ,

A bit of a mess is an understatement !!!   I did follow those instructions carefully .   I'll start from the beginning later on this one .

All I can find on the Cherokee is Piper PA28-140 for FS2004 by Ole Egholm .  Really not worth the worry since I have quite a hangar full of planes !!!  I recently got the Spartan Executive which is really nice and would seem that anything Milton Shupe and his team are involved in is spectacular .
Jamie
Jamie
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:05 am

[quote]Ha Hagar ,

A bit of a mess is an understatement !!!

My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Hagar » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:35 am

Right. I've checked both aircraft out in FS2002. I'm no advocate of auto-installers but the Convair should cause no problems if you wish to use it. Make sure you redirect the install path to your FS2002 root directory. Panel & sound are included in the install
Last edited by Hagar on Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Jamie » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:52 am

Hi Hagar ,
I just now found your reply . I had flown the Convair a number of times in my old PC and only had occasional lock up problems so let me know if you encounter such eventually .  Sounds as though it is working perfectly for you and I appreciate the time you took to try it .  I hope you took a look at the wing views  .  I was thinking I had to get the panel separately , but guess mine also came with the zip file .  I had a time at first because of that annoying warning horn and finally figuered out that one has to deploy some flaps !!!
I am downloading the Piper 160 as we speak .
I did note yesterday that I could go to a default plane from the Convair most of the time with no problem , but always seemd to lock up when I went to the
Cessna 195 . I did not try it with other non default planes .

When you have time , would you explain what FS9 , FSX , etc. are .  I have always named them by year such as FS2002 and get these confused .
Thanks ,

Jamie  
Jamie
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Jamie » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:00 pm

Hagar ,
I think I was installing incorrectly for the Convair .  They said to hit Run ( for XP ) on the second file ( FS2002 exe. ), but I was puttng stuff in a folder and then transferring ( as I recall ) . I installed as directed this time and seems to be fine .  If you go to the virtual panel and then back up to the left wing view and then use the hat switch to get that view , it is really a magnificent wing and engine view .  I really enjoy flying this Convair 240 .

The Piper 160 you mentioned is really a nice model with great wing views also .  The pitch is way too sensitive as it is in a Piper Warrior that I have . The high panel needs to be slightly lower and the low panel is too squashed !!  I find that any plane is much more fun to fly if you can see some of the cowling like you normally do in real flight .  You can really see it from the virtual cockpit and is nice , but the panel glare shield is too rounded and the instruments are fuzzy on my PC .  The autopilot is a little small for my eyes . He needs help getting the landing light to function ( as he is requesting ) , but is a nice plane and a few tweaks would make it great !!
Jamie
Jamie
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Jamie » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:14 pm

Well Hagar ,
I just now flew the Convair and was fantastic , but I positioned it back at DFW during my short flight and then attempted to switch to the Cessna 195 , but it locked up again .  Some sort of conflict !!
Jamie
Jamie
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Jamie » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:16 pm

One other thought Hagar that may be causing a problem .  I love the sound in my MAAM DC-3 and have it aliased to that sound .  Guess that might be causing a problem ???
Jamie
Jamie
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:38 am

Hi Jamie. Just spotted your replies. I should point out that I no longer use FS2002 except for troubleshooting the occasional problem like yours.

When you have time , would you explain what FS9 , FSX , etc. are .  I have always named them by year such as FS2002 and get these confused .

These are the version numbers of Microsoft Flight Simulator. FS9 is Flight Simulator 2004. FSX is the latest Flight Simulator X. (FS2002 is FS8.)

I just now flew the Convair and was fantastic , but I positioned it back at DFW during my short flight and then attempted to switch to the Cessna 195 , but it locked up again .  Some sort of conflict !!

I've had no problems with the Convair. If you have a conflict I would suspect the Cessna 195.

One other thought Hagar that may be causing a problem .  I love the sound in my MAAM DC-3 and have it aliased to that sound .  Guess that might be causing a problem ???

I doubt that would cause a problem. You could easily find out by temporarily aliasing the sound to a default aircraft.
Last edited by Hagar on Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Next

Return to FS 2002