Planes that don't appear and Sound file Ungueltig

Flight Simulator 2002. Questions, suggestions, problems or solutions... aim here!

Planes that don't appear and Sound file Ungueltig

Postby Jamie » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:35 pm

I have been offline for sometime , but still loving the simulator .  I have three planes that may be for a different sim ?  I have aliased panel ,sounds , etc and still nothing . They are md_83 , dh_dash8_100 , Pa28_180 .  I don't recall where I got the zips and can't find them at the moment .
I also got a new PC so I can fly the sim much better .  I poked one of my favorite planes in ( Geoffa's B33 ) and it begins with that ungueltig thing and also each time I use the hat button to switch views the first time . How can I get rid of that ?  
Thanks everybody ,
Jamie
Jamie
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Planes that don't appear and Sound file Unguel

Postby Hagar » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:36 pm

Hi Jamie. Those aircraft came with FS2002. They're unflyable AI drones used for the AI traffic.

The warning message is caused by a gauge used on the panel of the aircraft. Look for a file named GaugeSound.dll. If you have WinXP on your new PC this should be installed to your FS2002 root directory, not the FS2002\Modules folder.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Jamie » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:15 pm

Hi Hagar ,

Thanks for letting me know about those AI planes .  I am not sure what AI planes are , but had always thought they were the planes flying around when one uses ATC ???   Is there an easy way to tell when you have one of those and is it fairly easy to add those to the default ones ( if I am understanding what AI planes are ?? ) ??

Also , I have really looked for that " Gauge sound.dll " file and so far I don't see it anywhere .   I do see FSSound.dll and sound.dll in the modules folder .  I have looked in modules and gauges .  When you say to put something in  the root folder , does that mean that it would not go in any particular folder and should just be just plopped on the FS2002 folder ?   I see all of those items in the GS2002 folder after the folders inside .

I do have FS2002 Pro and XP home edition .

Thanks ,

Jamie
Jamie
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:27 pm

Hi Jamie. The AI traffic is the aircraft you should see in the air & on the ground at airports. This was introduced with FS2002 & one of its best features. IMHO
For adding your own AI aircraft check out the AI traffic forum. http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?board=AFCADTTools

GaugeSound.dll should have been included with the download. Check again to make sure it's not there. Of course, I could be wrong about it causing your problem.

Yes, by FS2002 root directory I mean the main Flight Simulator 2002 folder.

I poked one of my favorite planes in ( Geoffa's B33 )

If you tell me the correct name of this aircraft & give me a link to the page it's posted on I'll be happy to check it out for you.
Last edited by Hagar on Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Jamie » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:57 pm

Hi Hagar ,

You are always a delight to deal with and I'll give you all of my business !!  Heeee!!!  

I got that fantastic plane several years ago and is a Beechcraft B33 Debonair .  It is one of the only planes I have seen that has a realistic cowling view and really adds to the flying experience .  I flew a Bonanza for years and it looked just like this .   The wing views are photographs and just equisite ( but control surfaces do not move ) and the engine sounds some of the best I have heard .  The Aero Commanders by Milton Shupe are also just superb as is that Howard 500 .  I , of course , have the wonderful DC-3's purchased from the MAAM .  Jan Visser and others are simply amazing .

I am not sure where I got the B33 and not even sure it is still available , but I'll see if I have the zip on a CD somewhere and get back to you ( eventually ) .  

Thanks ,

Jamie ( James )
Jamie
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:01 pm

Think I found the aircraft. I tried it in FS2002 & get the error message even though I have GaugeSound.dll installed. (It wasn't included in the zip.) Back to the drawing board. It's getting late here now so I'll try & sort this out tomorrow, I mean later. ;)

My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Hagar » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:45 pm

OK. I figured it out. Open the Sound folder of the B33. You should see 2 sound files named click.wav & RA_BEEP.wav. Move both files into the FS2002\Sound folder. That should fix it.
Last edited by Hagar on Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Jamie » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:56 pm

Golly Hagar ,

I thought you were finally going to get some sleep !!  Thanks so much and I'll do that right now .  We are headed out in my little old RV tomorrow and will be gone about 4 days so may not be back with you till then , but will let you know .

Thanks ,

Jamie
Jamie
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Jamie » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:01 pm

Hagar ,

You are fantastic !! That did it .  Thanks a lot and Ihope you and everybody have a wonderful Christmas and New Year ,

Jamie
Jamie
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to FS 2002