Instrument Checkride.

Flight Simulator 2002. Questions, suggestions, problems or solutions... aim here!

Instrument Checkride.

Postby leegplayer » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:40 pm

The reason I signed up to this forum was for help.  I especially was stuck on the instrument checkride and was looking for a solution as to why I could not finish the instrument checkride.  I have noticed that there is a lot of members who cannot find the solution to this problem.  I finally managed to solve the problem and the following has worked twice for me.  I would like to post my contribution to this.

After performing the missed approach and turning right to heading 160 you are instructed to hold on the 140 degree radial at seattle.  (this is where I had the problem.)  In order to get the instructor to continue with the checkride I found that the following solution.  After passing the seattle VOR fly for 1 min on the 140 radial and perform the standard rate turn to the right onto the return leg of the holding pattern.  Set your NAV1 to 323 degrees on the Seattle VOR and follow that radial over and away from Seattle to Nolla.  As you pass over Seattle VOR the instructor should then inform you of your next instructions and you should be able to complete the checkride.

I hope this will work for others as it has done for me.  I must have tried this checkride over twenty times before I finally completed this checkride.  Next is to crack the Commercial checkride.  I have a rough idea of the course to follow but need to refine it so as to make less errors.  I am down to 4 errors for heading and altitude from over ten at the beginning.
leegplayer
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Instrument Checkride.

Postby leegplayer » Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:58 pm

Just noticed an error.  You turn left to a heading of 160 after the miseed approach not right.  My apologies if this has caused any problems.
leegplayer
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby ozzy72 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:37 pm

Don't worry about it, the checkrides were easily the worst feature in FS2k2 and suitably abused for being in the chocolate oven-glove category ;) ;D
There are two types of aeroplane, Spitfires and everything else that wishes it was a Spitfire!
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Postby leegplayer » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:53 am

I must admit they are hard and not explained clearly enough but I like to think they can be completed with enough practice and attempts.  The problem, I think, is that it can take too long to get to the stage where you can pass them and that people just give up on them.

Has anyone completed the checkride using my solution or is my solution unique to me?
leegplayer
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby ozzy72 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:38 pm

Someone did publish a guide to passing the FS2k2 checkrides, but whether it contained your solution or not I couldn't tell you.
There are two types of aeroplane, Spitfires and everything else that wishes it was a Spitfire!
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Return to FS 2002