Airplane light problems

Flight Simulator 2002. Questions, suggestions, problems or solutions... aim here!

Airplane light problems

Postby Davoos15 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:34 pm

I am having problems with the airplane lights when I turn them on. The strobes, beacon, and navigation lights are in the shape of a square when I turn them on. They are the right color, and the strobes/ beacon still flash, but all of the lights are like blocks. Is there a way to fix this? Thank you.
Last edited by Davoos15 on Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LINKED IMAGES ARE NOT ALLOWED AT SIMV, THEY SLOW THE FORUMS DOWN FOR OTHER USERS. PLEASE UPLOAD ALL IMAGES TO THE SIMV SERVER. MANY THANKS.
Davoos15
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Airplane light problems

Postby NickN » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:48 pm

Somewhere along the line you either installed an add-on light texture or something got corrupted. I do not know the texture list for FS2002 but if it is the same as FS2004 the problem textures are:

Program Files\Microsoft Games\FS2002\Texture\halo.bmp <---- this file

and

Program Files\Microsoft Games\FS2002\Effects\texture\fx_2.bmp <---- this file

If you can extract those off the CD from the cab files you can overwrite the ones I listed above which should fix the lights. Alternately, and assuming FS2004 is the same, you can download Nick's Lightfix v2 and run the installers which will create a new directory:

Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9

and inside you can get the textures you need, copy them to your FS2002 install as i listed and then delete the Flight Simulator 9 directory.

Again, that assumes FS9 and FS2002 use the same files for those lights. I do not use FS2002 and it has been years since I looked at its tree structure so I do not remember.

If you use the textures from my lightfix the lights will look different than default. Instead of being 'popcorn balls', for lack of a better description, they will be starbursts.
Last edited by NickN on Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NickN
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Davoos15 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:40 pm

Where can I get Nick's Lightfix v2? Will it most likely fix the problem, or just a small chance? And once I get the lightfix, where do I install it? Also, you say the lights will be starbursts. What do you mean by that? Will the lights look real? Thanks for your help.
LINKED IMAGES ARE NOT ALLOWED AT SIMV, THEY SLOW THE FORUMS DOWN FOR OTHER USERS. PLEASE UPLOAD ALL IMAGES TO THE SIMV SERVER. MANY THANKS.
Davoos15
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Mazza » Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:27 am

look i have this problem here is some tips that might help.

#1 update your graphics card

#2 do what NickN said... BUT before that it's not on all AC so try some different ones and see... if it is do get Nicks light fix........ to get it go to the site search link at the top of the page and type in NickNs light fix ;)

Hope this helps ;)
Sunset Chasing...RULES
AMD 9550 2.43 X4 - 2Gb RAM 800Mhz DDRII - Asus 4670
Corsair TX-750W
Mazza
Major
Major

Return to FS 2002