FSplanet

Flight Simulator 2002. Questions, suggestions, problems or solutions... aim here!

Re: FSplanet

Postby Guruswarmyoz » Thu Feb 20, 2003 11:59 pm

What did I do?
I sent Mr Serena an email explaining that removal of my files was to happen ASAP and that his site does NOT display ANY of my newly posted files at any time.
In this letter, i explained that under Australian Law breach of Copyright is a Gaolable offence, which carries a maximum penalty of 2yrs &/or a $50,000 fine. As this law as i understandand it is a criminal offence he could face extradition to Australia for criminal procedings.
I also sent a copy of this letter to the Directors of http://www.madalori.com (who host's his files).
I also said (with all honesty) that i would complain vigorously to both the Spanish Emabassy & the Italian Embassy (the host servers for FSPlanet is Italian), that their respective actions are in material breach of copyright and by posting these files without the authors permission consists of software theft.

I eventually got a respopnse, a generic email stating that my work was to no longer appear @ FSplanet.
Round 1 to me.
Guruswarmyoz
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby FSTipster » Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:06 am

I eventually got a respopnse, a generic email stating that my work was to no longer appear @ FSplanet.
Round 1 to me.

Good for you! :)

This sort of thing happens often enough from individuals, but personally, I find it outrageous that a well known (if not popular) site has gotten away with this for so long.  >:(
Click the banner to visit the site
FSTipster
Major
Major

Postby matmoxon » Sat Feb 22, 2003 6:43 am

Im signing the petition right now.

Matt
Now, I am become Death Destroyer of worlds
matmoxon
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby RIC_BARKER » Sat Feb 22, 2003 10:45 am

Count me in, I have several files that have "appeared" on his site, all without my permission and in direct material breach of the copyright notice. The ONLY site I have ever uploaded to is Simviation.

This sort of behaviour threatens the very fabric on which the FS community is based, and it must be stamped out.

I think we should send the petition to the respective ISP, and INTERPOL, the Pan-European police force, which have an anti IT crime unit.

Also, I have started by sending him an email requesting my files be removed by 00:00 GMT on the 28th Feb. I'll let you know what his responce is, let's hope it's favourable.

Just my two penny's worth

PS, maybe Pete can put forward his thought on this, he must be fairly knowledgeable about the legal obligations of the ISP/Webmaster relationship?
Last edited by RIC_BARKER on Sat Feb 22, 2003 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
RIC_BARKER
Captain
Captain

Previous

Return to FS 2002