fs 2002 missing aircraft

Flight Simulator 2002. Questions, suggestions, problems or solutions... aim here!

fs 2002 missing aircraft

Postby paragon » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:46 pm

I downloaded 4 aircraft last week. The twal-1049g, p51, lake renegade p36, c152_ccsog p5, and the warrior II p2. The last time I downloaded aircraft was 2009 and I did not have any problems. I followed the same procedures this time and only the renegade made it to the simulation. They all show up in the a/c folders. Any suggestions?
paragon
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: fs 2002 missing aircraft

Postby Hagar » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:06 am

I've had a quick look at the files you listed & can see no reason for them not showing up. Make sure you installed the correct folder (directly containing Model, Panel, Sound & Texture sub-folders) & that it's not hidden inside another one. This is a very common reason for your problem.

Also open Aircraft.cfg of the problem aircraft in Notepad to check how they're listed on the selection menu. I no longer have FS2002 installed or I would try them myself.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby paragon » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:55 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. I got the 152 up and flying. The warrior II and connie show up in the a/c selection but it says the a/c are not found in the directory.
paragon
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Hagar » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:37 pm

paragon wrote:Thanks for the suggestion. I got the 152 up and flying. The warrior II and connie show up in the a/c selection but it says the a/c are not found in the directory.

This is what the downloaded files look like in Windows Explorer.

First the Warrior II.

Installation should be straightforward enough. Paste the folder named Piper Warrior-II into your FS2002\Aircraft directory. The sound is aliased to the default c182. If this is missing the Warrior won't be listed on the selection menu. This is easily fixed by using the sound from another aircraft.

Now the Connie.
This time the folder you need is named Constellation. This is hidden inside several other folders.

I tried them both in FS2004 & both work fine. There should be no problems with either in FS2002 providing they're installed correctly.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:06 am

Well done Doug!... :clap: ...!

...you saved me the job of trying it out in my copy of FS 2002 Pro, ready to run on my Hard Drive!

Many of my favourite FS 2000, FS 2002, and FS 2004 aircraft, etc, run fine on my copy of FSX.... with only a few little niggles... :D ...!

They are often quite inter-changeable between Sims.

As Doug points out, some Folders are hidden inside other Folders!

Paul...mostly in hiding!... :mrgreen: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Return to FS 2002