FS 2002 add-on scenery

Flight Simulator 2002. Questions, suggestions, problems or solutions... aim here!

FS 2002 add-on scenery

Postby Modlerbob » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:29 pm

After installing FS2K2 I began investigating the available scenery add-ons concentrating on the southeastern USA and significant landmarks in europe. At first it seemed simpler than the procedure necessary in FSX. I have already successfully downloaded several aircraft into FS2K2 and all work correctly. The first scenery add-on I tried installing was Brunswick, Georgia. What I ended up with was a large grey area where the city should have been. I removed the file from the addon directory and the default scenery returned. So, I assume the file the author created used buildings and other elements from a structures library that I need to have loaded. But the readme file makes no mention of any additional files that are needed.

Question (1) Does such a library exist for downloading in the freeware arena and how do I find it?
Question (2) Can I copy the structure library from FSX and will the files have the same names?
Modlerbob
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: FS 2002 add-on scenery

Postby Webb » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:11 pm

There used to be an installation tutorial on the site but I can't find it now. If you can find it it will explain everything.

It's been a while since I have installed scenery for FS2002 but as I recall you have to add the folder to the ADDONSCENERY folder, then activate it.

To activate it you have to open the sim to the main menu and click Settings > Scenery and put an X in the box. In your case you may need to increase the priority of the scenery package so that it overrides any other sceneries.

Now you know everything I know about installing addon scenery.
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!" - Sen. John Blutarsky

You know, this used to be a helluva good country. I don't understand what's gone wrong with it. - George Hanson, 1969

A bad day at golf is better than a good day at work.

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Re: FS 2002 add-on scenery

Postby Hagar » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:17 am

Installing scenery to FS2002 is no different from FS9 or FSX, My Scenery Clinic might help. http://simviation.com//lair/fs2002sc.htm

If this is the file you're having problems with I'm not sure I agree with the installation instructions. http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=Brunswick.zip&categoryId=28
I no longer have FS2002 installed or I would check it out for you.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Return to FS 2002