Where did it all go wrong...

Flight Simulator 2002. Questions, suggestions, problems or solutions... aim here!

Where did it all go wrong...

Postby PAPALAZAROU » Sun Nov 16, 2003 9:57 pm

Hello everyone. I'm bit of a newcomer to FS and I wondered if anyone could help me out with a problem. :-[

I've been using FS2002 for a few months now, but it's only recently that I've started downloading planes, scenery etc with which I havn't had that many problems.

But...three days ago I decided I was ready to design my own scenery/airports and I downloaded FSSC and made some changes. I decided to play it safe and make the changes on previously downloaded add-on scenery in case I made a mistake. But I now seem to have a problem. The Esc, and W keys don't work in flight. The Q and number keys are fine, and I wondered if I have somehow changed their working values within FS2002 by using FSSC.

I'd be grateful for any advice.

Thanks
PAPA
PAPALAZAROU
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Where did it all go wrong...

Postby BFMF » Mon Nov 17, 2003 1:59 am

I've had this happen before. What I did was go into the key assignments and reset everything back to normal :)
BFMF
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Hagar » Mon Nov 17, 2003 6:19 am

Hi PAPALAZAROU. I haven't experienced this problem myself. I'm not sure it's related to your efforts at scenery design. As Andrew points out, it might be easily fixed by resetting the key assignments to default.

I suggest configuring your own scenery in exactly the same way as any 3rd party stuff. Install each new area separately & activate from the FS2002 Scenery Library. Then it's easily de-activated or deleted if there's any sort of problem. Good luck with your scenery designing. ;)

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby PAPALAZAROU » Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:33 pm

Oops, I hadn't thought of that! I thought I'd managed to screw up somethimg important.

Thanks for your help.
PAPA
PAPALAZAROU
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby faizanmazhar00 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:51 am

PAPALAZAROU wrote:Hello everyone. I'm bit of a newcomer to FS and I wondered if anyone could help me out with a problem. :-[

I've been using FS2002 for a few months now, but it's only recently that I've started downloading planes, scenery etc with which I havn't had that many problems.

But...three days ago I decided I was ready to design my own scenery/airports and I downloaded FSSC and made some changes. I decided to play it safe and make the changes on previously downloaded add-on scenery in case I made a mistake. But I now seem to have a problem. The Esc, and W keys don't work in flight. The Q and number keys are fine, and I wondered if I have somehow changed their working values within FS2002 by using FSSC.

I'd be grateful for any advice.

Thanks

Welcome
faizanmazhar00
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to FS 2002