HOW DO I ADD AIRCRAFT FOR FS2000

Flight Simulator 2000 Forum

HOW DO I ADD AIRCRAFT FOR FS2000

Postby flyboy86 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:46 pm

HOW DO I ADD NEW AIRCRAFT IN FS2000 I NEED STEP BY STEP INSRTUCTIONS NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE I HAVE WINDOWS XP.

:-? I DOWNLOAD AIRCRAFT AND AFTER IT'S DOWNLOAD ON THE CORNER THERES THIS BUBBLE AND IT SAYS FILES ARE READY TO BE WRITTEN ON A CD OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT BUT I WAS TOLD I DON'T NEED A CD BUT AFTER IT'S DOWNLOAD IT SHOWS UP ON MY DESKTOP AND THE FILES HAVE A ZIPPED UP ZIPPER WHAT DO I DO.
flyboy86
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: HOW DO I ADD AIRCRAFT FOR FS2000

Postby Sir_Crashalot » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:32 am

Check the tutorials in Grumpy's Lair. Click here. Oh and welcome to Simviation.

Crash ;)
Sir_Crashalot

Postby H » Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:10 am

I have a specific folder for downloads.
I also make another folder within it with the name of the aircraft I've just downloaded and move the zip file into it.
I then right-click on the zip and choose "extract into this folder"

I can then make another folder in the main FS aircraft folder named according to the air file of the new aircraft (if file names aren't matched, they're usually not accessed) and place copies of the download folder's files into it.

This method makes it a bit easier to track down any discrepancies and have back-up files, if necessary.

8-)
Last edited by H on Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby turbofire » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:43 pm

I had some problems when I first registered in 4-09 and for various reasons never got back.

My response is, "very carefully."
[color=000000]Turbo[/color] [b][i]
turbofire
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Hagar » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:59 pm

[quote]FS2000 is a
Last edited by Hagar on Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Nigel Warren » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:13 pm

Don't know if this is the best thread to respond to, or if I should start a new one. I'm not that old but I'm afraid I'm completely bamboozled by all the jargon.

Being fed-up with the slowness of FSX on my system (XP) and not being able to get FS2004 working (it failed, but I can't re-install it from either the old cds or a new set due to something called FSUIPC incompatibility) I have re-installed FS2000 and it works fine on its own, provided I don't re-install any of the hard-copy add-ons I bought for it when new; these either make it crash at the Concorde screen, or nothing shows up in the Aircraft menu.

Because of this I've tried downloading from Simviation, but there's always some incomprehensible reason why things still don't work, whichever way I turn. I thought I'd sussed it when, after unzipping, a window appeared which, among other icons, contained one that was called "Installer Package". But every time I clicked on one of those, it said the installation wouldn't work because the Air File was damaged. Simviation told me to erase Adobe Air, which I did. I was warned doing so would affect my iPlayer, but I'm pleased to report it didn't. But I'm still stumped. I no longer get the Installer Package icon at all, and everything else just asks me what program was used to create it, or words to that effect. I need step-by-step advice with an approach which, to be on the safe side, presumes no prior knowledge. Ok, I know OF folders, but that's about as far as I go. Most of the posts I've read make no sense to me, I'm a real duffer.

Any help would be so much appreciated, and maybe there are others equally clueless but are more embarrassed to ask than I am.
Nigel Warren
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Hagar » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:47 pm

Don't know if this is the best thread to respond to, or if I should start a new one. I'm not that old but I'm afraid I'm completely bamboozled by all the jargon.

Because of this I've tried downloading from Simviation, but there's always some incomprehensible reason why things still don't work, whichever way I turn. I thought I'd sussed it when, after unzipping, a window appeared which, among other icons, contained one that was called "Installer Package". But every time I clicked on one of those, it said the installation wouldn't work because the Air File was damaged. Simviation told me to erase Adobe Air, which I did. I was warned doing so would affect my iPlayer, but I'm pleased to report it didn't. But I'm still stumped. I no longer get the Installer Package icon at all, and everything else just asks me what program was used to create it, or words to that effect. I need step-by-step advice with an approach which, to be on the safe side, presumes no prior knowledge. Ok, I know OF folders, but that's about as far as I go. Most of the posts I've read make no sense to me, I'm a real duffer.

Any help would be so much appreciated, and maybe there are others equally clueless but are more embarrassed to ask than I am.

Hi there. Please try following this tute first. http://www.simviation.com/acinstall.htm

If you there's anything you don't understand please post again.

Being fed-up with the slowness of FSX on my system (XP) and not being able to get FS2004 working (it failed, but I can't re-install it from either the old cds or a new set due to something called FSUIPC incompatibility) .

I can't think why you should be having problems installing FS2004. FSUIPC is a completely separate 3rd party application which can be installed after successfully installing FS.

I have re-installed FS2000 and it works fine on its own, provided I don't re-install any of the hard-copy add-ons I bought for it when new; these either make it crash at the Concorde screen, or nothing shows up in the Aircraft menu

It's a very long time since I had anything to do with FS2000. Have you installed the official patch? Make sure you get the right one. http://www.simviation.com/fs2000utilities_ess1.htm

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Nigel Warren » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:11 pm

Thankyou very much Hagar (the Great, not the Horrible!) I'm not quite there yet but I already feel a bit less intimidated by all this. I have been unable to get those plus/minus list windows to come up, but I have identified the folders required (both in FS2000 and FSX) and dragged the icons across, but it still doesn't work. There is a Dash 8 100 icon sitting in the Aircraft folder of FS2000, and an XP-56 in the equivalent folder of FSX, but they still don't appear in the actual aircraft menus of the respective games. As far as FS2000 goes, I have now installed the patch you so helpfully linked for me, but it still hasn't done the trick. Perhaps there's something else I should do that's super obvious to you but unfortunately not to me.

Before I move on, do you think those boxed add-ons will now work again now that I've installed that patch? I've got enough of them that if they could work, I wouldn't be bothered about downloading files.

I was only mentioning my problem with FS2004 in passing, but as you were kind enough to pick up on it, I'd like to see if we can get to the bottom of it. I don't know what caused it to fail in the first place, but I'd have thought deleting it and all its add-ons, then re-installing from the original disks would have done the trick, but this is what comes up every time I've tried (and with a newly purchased copy of the software as well:)

"The version of FS2004 detected is not compatible with this version of FSUIPC! It is build 9.01.40901... You need the correct version of FS2004. Click the help-about: the build should be 9.00.30612"

Now I'd never heard of FSUIPC until this happened, so I've certainly not knowingly installed it. I assume it's sneaked into my system as part of something else I've installed. With my slightly increased confidence that you've given me, I've tried to find it in my system, so as to delete it, but it wasn't under Add/Remove programs, and I don't really know what it is, so I have no idea where to find it. Any ideas?

Sorry to latch on to you as it were, but you seem to be an expert and I feel you've thrown me a rope to stop me drowning. Many thanks so far :)
Nigel Warren
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Hagar » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:37 am

Hi Nigel. It would help to know which OS (version of Windows) you're using. Also which version of FS2000 - Standard or Pro. Before going any further you might like to read my Windows Basics & Working with Windows articles & set your Folder Options like mine. http://www.simviation.com/lair/Windows%20Basics.htm

Freeware addons are all configured differently depending on the preferences & experience of the people who configured them. Unfortunately there is no standard template for configuring the files. They will also vary depending on your OS & the utilities & method you use for extracting zipfiles. The important thing is to understand what you're looking for. This gets easier with practice.

One common cause of aircraft installation problems in all versions of MSFS
Last edited by Hagar on Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby H » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:19 pm

Just some added info with hopes I don't cause further confusion; although I don't have FS2k, I do have FS8 and have finally given in to installing FS9 on my 2nd, older but larger, OS98 formatted hard drive. All of my added aircraft were operable in CFS2 and most are from CFS1; I've redone the aircraft.cfg for these to make them more compatible with FS8/FS9 and even chose not to inactivate the unsupported functions (guns aren't going to be activated, anyway, with no controls to set for them).
However, in some cases a texture is not being accessed and it seems due to the older mdl. In a number of cases the air file wasn't compatible and I had to 'borrow' and edit a new one. The question here, since I can't see what you have, is what FS were the add-ons for?

8-)
Last edited by H on Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Return to FS 2000