Help with Downloads in Fs2000

Flight Simulator 2000 Forum

Help with Downloads in Fs2000

Postby Cory Ramsey » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:09 pm

i started this topic so i could tell you guys some aircraft/ secery i am having trouble with i will put links to the files on all the posts so u can find what i am looking for. hope you guys can help me. and i am not a novice i am realy good at the download process so these problems stump me.

first off i need help with the 777-200 Air France aircraft i did everything right when putting it in the aircraft folder and it wont show up in the aircraft directory so if someone can help me out i would appreciate it. here is a link to the page i found it on. http://www.simviation.com/fs2000jets1.htm also have the same problem with the a330-300 Silent Wings aircraft.
Last edited by Cory Ramsey on Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cory Ramsey
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Help with Downloads in Fs2000

Postby Hagar » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:16 pm

Hi & welcome to the forum. I doubt that many people are using FS2000 these days so you might not get many responses..

I checked out the file you mentioned. I can't try it in FS2000 as I haven't had it installed for years. However, I can see no reason why it would not work as advertised. It's possible that you deleted the default fsfsconv folder by mistake. This aircraft is aliased to use one of the generic panels it contains. You won't be the first person to do that & it's easily fixed. You might like to check out my Aliasing article. http://www.simviation.com/lair/aliasing1.htm

I note that this is posted on FS2000 Civil Jets Page 1 which means it's a very early file posted soon after FS2000 was first released. For the latest downloads start from the newest files in each section & work back from there.
Last edited by Hagar on Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Cory Ramsey » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:34 pm

yeah ty, my friend told me the same thing just a minute ago and that happened because i moved the flight sim to a larger drive (sence my old one was low on space) he said that it wouldn't work u would have to reinstall it. and that's what i am doin now i backed up the aircraft files so i would be able to put them back. at one time i have around 200 aircraft from this site on my fs2000 but i got a Trojan horse virus and lost them. i also have flight sim x but my computer wont support it! i will also make a new section here of screen shots of my downloaded aircraft.
Cory Ramsey
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Hagar » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:55 pm

I'm thinking it might be an idea to try FS2004. This should run better than FS2000 ever did. You should be able to get it at a bargain price now.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Cory Ramsey » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:59 pm

once my new computer is shipped i will play flight sim x more and probly will sell flight sim 2000!
Cory Ramsey
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to FS 2000