Tony Stewart Wins the Chase

You asked for it. You got it. Sport talk here!

Tony Stewart Wins the Chase

Postby tcco94 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:43 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?slu ... hip-112011

What an EPIC final race as Stewart and Edwards battled in the end for whoever won the race wins the chase. Stewart won, Edwards got 2nd.

Both racers tied in points at the end (first time in NASCAR history) and Stewart won in the tiebreaker (most wins this season)
tcco94
Major
Major

Re: Tony Stewart Wins the Chase

Postby U4EA » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:16 am

We had a houseful for the day and was on the seat edges, when we were sittin', for most of the day. 

I think the lot of us were not breathin' for the last 35 laps! :)  We're a mixed bunch and it was pretty evenly split between Cuz'n Carl and Smoke.............twas the sweetest season-ender since '92 IMHO! 8-)
U4EA

Postby tcco94 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:43 am

Defiantly go down as one of the best races in Championship history....any people say NASCAR is boring.  :D ::)
tcco94
Major
Major

Postby U4EA » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:10 am

Methinks we be the minority NASCAR fans 'round these parts.  Lots of stick-n-ball fans it seems. 

I've been a race fan since the 70s, especially when a new fancy thing called cable TV came about with SETN and ESPN.  Didn't hafta wait for snippets and short segments on "Wide World Of Sports" anymore after that!

Today definitely falls into my top three races I've ever watched or been to.

Probably #3. :-/  #1 being the season ender at Atlanta in '92, and #2 being the '94 Diehard 500.  Had the privilege of being at those two! :) 8-) :)

Aside from a myriad of other reasons that keep me a NASCAR fan(atic!) is one simple fact...........when racers want more money they don't do no whiny strikes cause they ain't getting their way sorta juvenile mentality/behavior, they simply go out and race for it!  Not only commendable, but quite respectable IMHO!
U4EA

Return to Sport