NASCAR

You asked for it. You got it. Sport talk here!

NASCAR

Postby Thud » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:59 pm

Anybody here like it?
Windows Vista (32bit)
Thud
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Re: NASCAR

Postby BigTruck » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:08 pm

I heard Fozzer is a huge fan.
Alienware X51_R2 (thank you wife) Windows 8.1, 6GB Ram, Intel Core i3-4150 CPU @3.50GHz
FSX Acceleration settings on max, no twitches or glitches.
Saitek X52 Stick and Throttle
BigTruck
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ShaneG_old » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:16 pm

Anybody here like it?

A few of us, but we try not to upset the locals with it.

;D

Who am I kidding, I love NASCAR!!  But in all seriousness, only a couple of us here really follow it.  It would be nice to have more people to discuss it with.

Tcco94 ran a great fantasy Nascar league  last season, and I'm hoping to see it return next season.  8-)
ShaneG_old
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby tcco94 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:08 pm

#48 fan over here :D
I do happen to like some other drivers to  ;)

and Shane we will be running it again. Im pretty sure the ESPN.com will keep us all in the league inless someone chooses to leave so we wont even need to do the joining process but I will be kicking out my step brother as he never played.  ;D He was Team Wendys---last place...

Although the league got carried away as I had Johnson and Stewart who mostly held first place in the standings the whole season  ;D. Ill inform everyone when we start it back up.

I think there will be an open slot, or maybe 2. Care to join if your a nascar fan?  8-)
tcco94
Major
Major

Postby Thud » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:12 pm

If we're talking favoites, #33, #42.
Windows Vista (32bit)
Thud
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby specter177 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:42 pm

Love NASCAR. Fan of any of the Roush drivers, especially Edwards and Kenseth.
ImageImage
specter177
Major
Major

Postby Leigh » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:18 am

i love NASCAR!!!

oh they days of when it was out here...my dad was telling me all his stories about if it spins you go with it if you try nd correct it youll end up backing it into a wall :D

oh i have lots
Leigh
Major
Major

Postby CD. » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:13 pm

We get the races live on Sky Sports here in the UK.. if it's on I'll watch it.. but I wouldn't class myself as a fan.
CD.

Postby C » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:18 pm

Sport? NASCAR? Fastest advertising hoardings in the world, mind you! ;D
C
Colonel
Colonel

Postby The Ruptured Duck » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:02 am

I used to watch nascar, but then got spoiled by cooler forms of motorsport and haven't gone back.
"If you would not be forgotten, as soon as you are dead and rotten, either write things worth reading, or do things worth the writing" -Ben Franklin

"Man must rise above the Earth to the top of the atmosphere and beyond, for only
The Ruptured Duck
Major
Major

Postby U4EA » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:54 pm

I just so happen to live for NASCAR......been a diecast collector for 20-ish years now....my wife calls the basement 'The Museum'.......collection is insured, and valued, in the low six-figure range.

Soooooooo, I reckon you could label me a fan! :D

Football uses one ball, baseball uses one ball, Nascar drivers use two....!!! ;)
U4EA

Postby U4EA » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:48 am

By the way.......I'd fully equip myself and root for Juan Pablo before I'd EVER cheer on the 48!!! :P

Or 24! :P

Although I do have a "mixed" marriage....she's 24 and I am one of the remaining dozen or so 88 fans!

HEY!  There's still hope.......... :D ;D :D
U4EA

Postby ShaneG_old » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:00 am

NASCAR fans rejoice , the wing is going away!!

@ C: Since Indy & F1 use faster cars, also plastered with sponsor decals, I have to disagree, it's the world's 3rd fastest commercial. ;D ;)
ShaneG_old
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby patchz » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:56 am

[color=#000000]That should slow them down a bit. I wondered how long it would take. It was either that, or bigger tracks with longer straights and runoff areas.
Yes, I am a fan, though I have not watched in a while. Gordon, Junior, and a few more are my favorites. I never really liked it until I got the sim years ago. I found out it is not as easy as it looks. But I still prefer road racing, preferably with 'stock' appearing vehicles. I don't really like any open wheel version. I know, I know, F1 is #1 in Europe. Sorry, I just don't like it. Now give me something with Corvettes, Camaros, Mustangs, Aston-Martins, Porsche,
If God intended aircraft engines to have horizontally opposed engines, Pratt and Whitney would have made them that way.
patchz
Colonel
Colonel

Postby The Ruptured Duck » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:43 pm

@ C: Since Indy & F1 use faster cars, also plastered with sponsor decals, I have to disagree, it's the world's 3rd fastest commercial. ;D ;)

You haven't watched an indycar race recently have you?  lol, not too many sponsors have the money to plaster anything anywhere ::)
"If you would not be forgotten, as soon as you are dead and rotten, either write things worth reading, or do things worth the writing" -Ben Franklin

"Man must rise above the Earth to the top of the atmosphere and beyond, for only
The Ruptured Duck
Major
Major

Next

Return to Sport