The Miami Dolphins 'Hard Rock Stadium'

You asked for it. You got it. Sport talk here!

The Miami Dolphins 'Hard Rock Stadium'

Postby Apex » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:47 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/dolph ... 28229.html

Far be it from me, a rock-group rocker from the late 60's & early 70's, to criticize the renaming of the stadium. After all, we all know what William Shakespeare said: "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet". But the rocker part of me really doesn't dig it. Your call, the article explains it somewhat. In my opinion, for whatever it's worth, I really, really think 'Dolphins Stadium' tells it better. But who's gonna listen to an ex rocker anyway, even tho, if it weren't for guys like me and many, many musicians everywhere, what would y'awl be listenin' to these days? I've tried Beethoven on beer, and it just doesn't mix. Beethoven and wine, football and beer.

So fine, have it their way. I'll just put on some Black Sabbath next Dolphins game and do it my way.
Apex
Major
Major

Re: The Miami Dolphins 'Hard Rock Stadium'

Postby Apex » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:26 am

Well, it did take some getting used to, but hey, maybe it's cool after all, now that I think about it. They've got stadiums out there named after this and that, so maybe this one is "And now for something completely different." Hmm, they could rev it up a notch and toss in a few hot guitars on the walls, why not?

The important thing is for the Dolphins to perform well, a/k/a winning. We shall see.
Apex
Major
Major

Postby Webb » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:43 am

Apex wrote:The important thing is for the Dolphins to perform well, a/k/a winning. We shall see.

Dolphins 14
Cowgirls 41

Another "rebuilding" season.
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!" - Sen. John Blutarsky

You know, this used to be a helluva good country. I don't understand what's gone wrong with it. - George Hanson, 1969

A bad day at golf is better than a good day at work.

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Postby Apex » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:50 am

Yeah, spoke too soon, did I, about a winning season. I saw parts of that game, couldn't bring myself to watch it steadily. Now we know why beer is an absolute necessity when watching football. They've got a new coach, I know nothing about him, and they did a $400 mil re-do on the stadium, renaming it Hard Rock Stadium. Well, OK, so maybe they had a bad night last night, but 41-14 is a real trouncing. They'd better live up to the re-do money and the stadium name, or it'll be the Hard Luck Stadium. I'm not a heavy football watcher, but I do take in parts of games if I catch a good one going, doesn't matter who's playing. But for a change it would be nice if the Dolphins, esp considering their history long ago, would have a really good season. I feel that if I, a light-weight football fan, is miffed at all this, what would a real Dolfan think of it all. As always, time will tell, and we have to give them a chance. But until then, I'll keep my fridge well stocked and my Black Sabbath CD's close by.
Apex
Major
Major

Return to Sport