Bobby Bowden hits a hole in one

You asked for it. You got it. Sport talk here!

Bobby Bowden hits a hole in one

Postby Webb » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:37 pm

Bobby Bowden scores hole-in-one at Golf Club of Quincy

One of the most trustworthy clubs in Bobby Bowden's golf bag is his 3-wood.

Bowden and the club made history in Quincy Monday morning, when the former Florida State football coach recorded his second career hole-in-one.

The 86-year-old aced the par-3 12th hole at the Golf Club of Quincy, a scenic 6,640-yard course 30 minutes northwest of Tallahassee.

Swinging his 3-wood from the red tees, Bowden hit a straight, low shot on the relatively flat terrain that rolled between two sand traps on the sides of the green and into the hole, 121 yards away.

“I never hit the ball very high,” Bowden said Tuesday afternoon from his Tallahassee home.

“I rolled it in the gap and it went right in. I had already walked away. I saw it rolling towards the hole and thought, ‘Oh boy, I have a good shot. I hope it stops.'

“Then I turned around and everyone said it went it in.” ...

Bowden chuckled and admitted he also skipped the sacred tradition for any golfer who makes a hole-in-one – buying drinks or food after the round for the three players in his group..

“I am too cheap and I don’t visit bars,” Bowden laughed ...

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!" - Sen. John Blutarsky

You know, this used to be a helluva good country. I don't understand what's gone wrong with it. - George Hanson, 1969

A bad day at golf is better than a good day at work.

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Return to Sport