Holly Holm beat the snot out of Ronda Rousey

You asked for it. You got it. Sport talk here!

Holly Holm beat the snot out of Ronda Rousey

Postby Webb » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:07 pm

This is the first time I have ever seen MMA and it's a pretty violent sport. Apparently it rarely lasts longer than two rounds.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PS-lmNw0Yk[/youtube]

Holly Holm demonstrated Saturday night that, shockingly, she could outmatch Ronda Rousey in a fight. But the 34-year-old New Mexico native still has a long way to go to match “Rowdy Ronda” as a UFC champion. And as a celebrity capable of transcending her sport? Let’s hold off for now.

Holm, the 34-year-old former professional boxing world champion, knocked Rousey out 59 seconds into the second round at the Etihad Stadium in Melbourne, Australia. After a fast-paced first round, Holm unleashed a vicious left kick to Rousey’s face that sent the champion sprawling to the canvas. Holm then pounced on Rousey, delivering several blows to the head before the referee stepped in and stopped the bout.
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!" - Sen. John Blutarsky

You know, this used to be a helluva good country. I don't understand what's gone wrong with it. - George Hanson, 1969

A bad day at golf is better than a good day at work.

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Re: Holly Holm beat the snot out of Ronda Rousey

Postby OldAirmail » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:55 pm

There could be a reason.

After Bernie Sanders endorsement, UFC fighter Ronda Rousey gets KO’ed

Ronda Rousey was undefeated. She endorsed Bernie Sanders. One week later she got KOed.

Maybe Ronda's been hit in the head too many times. Just say'n. :confusion-shrug:
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby Webb » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:32 am

This really grinds my gears. Athletes, actors and musicians who try to impose their political views on the rest of us - because they usually don't have any idea what they are talking about.
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!" - Sen. John Blutarsky

You know, this used to be a helluva good country. I don't understand what's gone wrong with it. - George Hanson, 1969

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Postby Steve M » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:01 pm

Hmm, do you think there will be a rematch? You betcha! :shifty:
Steve M
Major
Major

Postby B0ikat » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:05 pm

This really grinds my gears. Athletes, actors and musicians who try to impose their political views on the rest of us - because they usually don't have any idea what they are talking about.

Ironically enough, neither do most politicians. Go figure.
B0ikat
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Webb » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:06 pm

Ronda might be a little more humble the next time. If you saw the full video she refused to touch gloves with Holly, making her look like an unreciprocated high five.

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Return to Sport