Another classy FSU quarterback

You asked for it. You got it. Sport talk here!

Another classy FSU quarterback

Postby Webb » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:59 am

FSU QB off team after video shows him punching woman in face

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. - Just hours after prosecutors released a video Monday showing Florida State quarterback De'Andre Johnson punching a woman at a bar, the team's coach announced he had been dismissed from the team.

In a statement, coach Jimbo Fisher announced the 19-year-old Johnson's immediate dismissal. The quarterback had been suspended after the June 24 assault, which took place at a Tallahassee nightclub.

In the security camera video released by the State Attorney's Office, it appears the woman and Johnson were trying to get a position at the bar, and Johnson jostled her.

The woman raises a fist and shouts at Johnson before he grabs her fist and holds it down. She then raises her other hand and swings. It's not clear whether she made contact, but Johnson responds by punching her in the face while still grabbing her other hand. She staggers, and her nose begins bleeding.

Johnson has been charged with misdemeanor battery in connection with the incident.

Stop recruiting from the ghetto Jimbo!
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!" - Sen. John Blutarsky

You know, this used to be a helluva good country. I don't understand what's gone wrong with it. - George Hanson, 1969

A bad day at golf is better than a good day at work.

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Re: Another classy FSU quarterback

Postby expat » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:00 am

I am in two minds here. If a woman throw a punch, then she can expect to get hit back. The question is however, if she is about to throw a punch, can you strike first....?

Matt
"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

PETA Image People Eating Tasty Animals.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Webb » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:03 pm

FSU RB Dalvin Cook charged with battery, suspended from team

Florida State running back Dalvin Cook is under investigation for the June 23 battery of a 21-year-old woman outside a Tallahassee bar.

Cook, 19, was charged with misdemeanor battery on Friday and suspended indefinitely from the football team later Friday afternoon.

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!" - Sen. John Blutarsky

You know, this used to be a helluva good country. I don't understand what's gone wrong with it. - George Hanson, 1969

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Postby Webb » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:14 pm

Report: Jimbo Fisher bans Florida State players from bars
Looks like it's last call for Florida State football players.

After news broke Friday that Florida State running back Dalvin Cook would be charged with battery after allegedly punching a woman outside a Tallahassee bar, Jimbo Fisher released a statement saying he would hold players accountable for their actions, and promising that "we will do better."

Well, apparently the first part of Fisher's plan to do better is to ban players from bars.

The Tallahassee Democrat's Jim Henry is reporting that Fisher met with his players on Saturday, and declared bars off-limits. So apparently prohibition is back in Tallahassee ...

I'm still trying to figure out how two underage students were in bars in the first place.

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Postby Hawkeye07 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:02 am

Webb wrote:[url=http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/25239299/report-jimbo-fisher-bans-florida-state-players-from-bars]

I'm still trying to figure out how two underage students were in bars in the first place.

Perhaps some bars should have their license suspended too. I'm with Matt on this one; if a woman throws a punch she can expect a retaliatory strike. I will say though that I'll be something of a gentleman and let her throw the first punch which I'll try to duck. This all goes back to women wanting equal status. ( NOTE: I'm not referring to equal rights which I do agree with.) Back in the day if a woman got mad at you a slap in the face was the usual result and you just took it like a man, now they want to throw a left hook but still expect immunity from any physical repercussions. Sorry Toots but if you swing at me I will neutralize the threat.

An Aircraft Mechanic only needs two tools, Duct Tape and WD40.
If it moves and it's not supposed to - use the Duct Tape.
If it doesn't move and it's supposed to - use the WD40.

Intel(R) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz, P55M-UD4, GeForce GTX960 8.00 GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit & 64 bit on separate HDs)
Hawkeye07
Major
Major

Postby Hawkeye07 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:11 am

And another thought...As Webb said "Stop recruiting from the ghetto Jimbo!" AND stop treating these football clowns like they are demigods. As a high school coach over in Minneapolis put it "They are just grown men (supposedly) playing a kids game." The world will not change one iota as a result of their efforts on the playing field.

An Aircraft Mechanic only needs two tools, Duct Tape and WD40.
If it moves and it's not supposed to - use the Duct Tape.
If it doesn't move and it's supposed to - use the WD40.

Intel(R) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz, P55M-UD4, GeForce GTX960 8.00 GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit & 64 bit on separate HDs)
Hawkeye07
Major
Major

Return to Sport