Jameis Winston will stay in Florida as #1 draft

You asked for it. You got it. Sport talk here!

Jameis Winston will stay in Florida as #1 draft

Postby Webb » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:44 pm

With First Pick, Talent Trumps Worries

CHICAGO — Jameis Winston, the star quarterback from Florida State who played under a swirl of controversy, was chosen first over all in the N.F.L. draft by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Thursday.

Winston led the Seminoles to a national championship during the 2013 season and was considered, along with Oregon quarterback Marcus Mariota, to have the best chance of being chosen first.

Success has come quickly for Winston, the youngest player to win the Heisman Trophy, who was also drafted by the Texas Rangers. But he has been dogged by charges that he raped a former Florida State student, who has since filed a civil suit against him.

Winston’s off-field problems proved to be a source of consternation for the N.F.L., which has tried to clean up its image as a league willing to tolerate violence and law breaking off the field. Several weeks ago, Winston met Commissioner Roger Goodell to discuss his future in the league ...
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!" - Sen. John Blutarsky

You know, this used to be a helluva good country. I don't understand what's gone wrong with it. - George Hanson, 1969

A bad day at golf is better than a good day at work.

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Re: Jameis Winston will stay in Florida as #1 draft

Postby Webb » Fri May 01, 2015 11:32 am

FSU and NFL combined don't have the class of your average hooker.

Here's why Jameis Winston took that crab legs photo — and why he deleted it

1. Jameis Winson took this photo at his NFL Draft party. You might have seen it online.

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!" - Sen. John Blutarsky

You know, this used to be a helluva good country. I don't understand what's gone wrong with it. - George Hanson, 1969

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Postby Jean Loup » Fri May 01, 2015 1:48 pm

I don't understand the fuzz about crab legs (more like pinzers to me!). I love them, and there is no shortage of crab legs nor pinzers, in the mexican Pacífico shore. Maybe an american football thing, I am ignorant about most sports.
...LiCENSE & REGiSTRATiON !!
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Postby Webb » Fri May 01, 2015 2:16 pm

It's a bit of an inside joke.

Football (not soccer) players are treated like gods. Jameis Winston won a national championship before miserably losing another one and he won the Heisman Trophy, the highest playing honor that is bestowed in college football.

His personal life is less than glamorous.

2012 - Accused of sexual assault. Criminal charges were dropped but the girl has filed a civil suit.

2012 - Arrested for unlawful possession of a firearm. Charges dismissed.

2013 - Arrested for shoplifting crab legs from a grocery store. Charges dismissed after diversion to community service.

2014 - Suspended from sports after climbing on a table in a public restaurant and shouting a crude sexual statement.

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Postby Webb » Sun May 03, 2015 1:22 pm

Webb wrote: 2012 - Accused of sexual assault. Criminal charges were dropped but the girl has filed a civil suit.

2012 - Arrested for unlawful possession of a firearm. Charges dismissed.

Edit: No criminal charges were filed in connection with either of these events.

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Return to Sport