Bike Week

You asked for it. You got it. Sport talk here!

Bike Week

Postby H » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:14 am

will be here June 14 to June 20, races at the NH Motor Speedway in Loudon (rte 106). This year there are new events schuled at the
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Bike Week

Postby Fozzer » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:55 am

This joyous event @H?

http://weirsdrivein.com/

Paul.... :D ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby H » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:00 am

Fozzer wrote:This joyous event @H?

That's the place -- currently closed for its movie-going audience.
It is, however, rented out for Bike Week as my above link attests...
;)

8)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby H » Fri May 29, 2015 11:50 pm

H wrote:
Fozzer wrote:This joyous event @H?

That's the place -- opening the season for its movie-going audience and still rented out for Bike Week as my Entertainment link attests...
Bike week is nearly here... cyclist are already trickling in. Of course, the Waco, Texas, mayhem did bring us some attention and there was a write-up in our free local paper, the Laconia Daily Sun.

8)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Sat May 30, 2015 3:28 am

Looks like its going to be a very interesting week, @H...!

Watching the antics of many of the Harley Bike Clubs/Gangs on You-Tube, it may be a bit of a scary week!

It will certainly be a sight to remember...for those who survive it!

Paul...Meep-meep... :mrgreen: ...!

http://bikersofamerica.blogspot.co.uk/2 ... s-and.html
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby H » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:25 am

I've been trying to sleep to the roar of passing motorcycles. According to yesterday's news reports, there was only one motorcycle accident prior to the 19th.
However, unrelated to the motorcycles but in the general area, we had a Piper crash about 500' south of its owner/pilot's grass airfield. Eighty-year-old Mr. Volpe received some major injuries; he was stabilized by the rescue crew and flown to an extensive care hospital (Dartmuth-Hitchcock).
Anyway, a number of people have shown up to find no local accommodations available and what hadn't been reserved had sold out for around $400/night! Again, a reminder to save on cost and availability: reserve well ahead of time. Anyway, the major motorcycle racing is this weekend.

8)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:15 am

As a keen Motorcyclist for the past 65+ years, its something that I would love to experience!

Always popular with the crowd in the USA, due I suspect, to the preponderance of Harley Davidson, Indian, Victory, Yamaha, etc, Vee-Twin Cruisers...

..which always make a spectacle with their thunderous sound, and masses of shiny chromium plate glinting in the sunshine!!

Not a very common sight over here, with the more familiar Sports Bike riders... :roll: ...!

I have yet to join in with the delights of the Vee-Twin Cruiser Motorcycle Club!

Paul.. :mrgreen: ..!

I will see if I can find the display captured on You-Tube... ;) ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby H » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:49 pm

Fozzer wrote:As a keen Motorcyclist for the past 65+ years...
That about kills my lifespan...

The old Ford Thunderbird I drive happened to come with a decal on the back window -- the winged emblem of Harley-Davidson.
A couple weeks ago the exhaust fell off from the buffer behind the catalytic converter (I've reattached with a universal collar and a couple eye-bolts I bent for the job) and I was roaring about quite like the Harleys.
:angelic-sunshine:

8)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:33 am

H wrote:
Fozzer wrote:As a keen Motorcyclist for the past 65+ years...
That about kills my lifespan...

The old Ford Thunderbird I drive happened to come with a decal on the back window -- the winged emblem of Harley-Davidson.
A couple weeks ago the exhaust fell off from the buffer behind the catalytic converter (I've reattached with a universal collar and a couple eye-bolts I bent for the job) and I was roaring about quite like the Harleys.
:angelic-sunshine:

8)

With the prohibitive cost of a new Harley Davidson, I suspect that that audio experience is about the nearest you will ever get to owning one, @H...... :cry: ...!

Paul...Potato-potato-potato..... :mrgreen: ...!

(Passed Bike test in 1950, at the age of 16. Royal Enfield 350cc Bullet)... :D ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Sport