Temper. Shift

You asked for it. You got it. Sport talk here!

Temper. Shift

Postby H » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:00 am

Around the turn of the century I read a report that predicted, by the middle of this century, NH's average yearly temperature would be about what Virginia's was at that time. Hmn... it rained most of Tuesday through Christmas Eve, reaching the 50s F for Christmas; our snow cover is gone and temperatures were too warm to properly cover the slopes with the artificial stuff.
If we don't have a hard enough freeze, ice fishermen will be quite unhappy; they won't even be able to walk out onto the non-existant ice, let alone set up their bob houses (lest they want to shove them in the water and actually do some bobbing). The following scheduled events need some snow/ice!!!

Jan 31 - Feb 2 New England Pond Hockey Tournament
Feb 7 - Feb 8 Ice Fishing Derby
Feb 13 - Feb 15 Lakes Region Sled Dog Derby

8)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Temper. Shift

Postby Fozzer » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:17 am

...sounds better than normal, @H!

I love "cosy warmth"... :D ...!

The max temperature here today will be 5*C....41*F....
...still to bleedin' cool for me!

Paul..... :mrgreen: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby H » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:30 am

Ah, but again the temperature shifts. Had ice on the automobile windows tonight. Gunstock has already been prepping 22 of the trails on its slopes and expects at least 30 ready for the weekend. Come on, Foz, attach a couple skis and moto-ski the slopes...
:dance:

8)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:24 am

H wrote:Ah, but again the temperature shifts. Had ice on the automobile windows tonight. Gunstock has already been prepping 22 of the trails on its slopes and expects at least 30 ready for the weekend. Come on, Foz, attach a couple skis and moto-ski the slopes...
:dance:

8)

Nah... :o ...!

A couple of Surf Boards attached to my wheels, in a warm lagoon, on a South Sea Island, is more my cup of tea @H.... ;) ...!

4*C in my back garden at the moment.....I wont be going far today!

Paul....come on, Summer!.... :lol: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby ViperPilot » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:51 am

I'm looking out the window at light snow, and 18°F. Today and tomorrow our Temperature won't climb above 15°F, and the Lows tonight are expected to be below Zero° F.

Just another day in the Centennial State!

:roll:
ViperPilot
Captain
Captain

Postby Fozzer » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:14 pm

ViperPilot wrote:I'm looking out the window at light snow, and 18°F. Today and tomorrow our Temperature won't climb above 15°F, and the Lows tonight are expected to be below Zero° F.

Just another day in the Centennial State!

:roll:

Alan... :D ...

...I cant imagine SNOW in the desert State of Colorado, and thereabouts!

To my mind its a State of sand, heat (120*F+), Tumble-weeds, Rattle-snakes, and Mexican Bandits from further south!.... :o ...!

I'm trying to imagine Monument Valley full of snow....and it doesn't work!.... :think: ...!

I Sim-Fly the South-West for some comforting warmth!

Paul.... :mrgreen: ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Hawkeye07 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:24 pm

ViperPilot wrote:I'm looking out the window at light snow, and 18°F. Today and tomorrow our Temperature won't climb above 15°F, and the Lows tonight are expected to be below Zero° F.
Just another day in the Centennial State! :roll:

Must be nice to be experiencing a cozy 18°F. Here in western Minnesota it's currently -1°F, the wind chill is -12°F. Actually it's not a bad day; the sun's out and we have a 1" layer of snow but the streets are clear.

Well time to head out and take the Xmas tree to the local disposal site.

Hawkeye

An Aircraft Mechanic only needs two tools, Duct Tape and WD40.
If it moves and it's not supposed to - use the Duct Tape.
If it doesn't move and it's supposed to - use the WD40.

Intel(R) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz, P55M-UD4, GeForce GTX960 8.00 GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit & 64 bit on separate HDs)
Hawkeye07
Major
Major

Postby mustangaroo » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:10 pm

Hi there Hawkeye. My father is toying with a trip to Australia. He's been there before but he's 88 years old and lives approximately 90 miles NE of you. Just letting you know that there are those who can sympathize with frozen sinuses and dead batteries. I am shuddering with anticipation of a sleet/snow forecast and that is approximately 800 miles due south of you. KOKC and if you find the time KCHK.
mustangaroo
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:17 am

Every time I opt to read this thread, I have to remember to don my hat, coat, scarf, gloves, and snow-boots, before venturing in!

Apart from the Wintry, Screen-shot Forum, this is one of the coldest threads that I daily come across... :lol: ...!

Paul...with a chill in the air... :mrgreen: ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby ViperPilot » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:00 pm

Hawkeye07 wrote:
Just another day in the Centennial State! :roll:

Must be nice to be experiencing a cozy 18°F. Here in western Minnesota it's currently -1°F, the wind chill is -12°F. Actually it's not a bad day; the sun's out and we have a 1" layer of snow but the streets are clear.

Well time to head out and take the Xmas tree to the local disposal site.

Hawkeye

I made a boo boo last Post; right now, the Temp is 3°! Our Low last night was, um... 1. Tonight, it's gonna be -12!

Now, around these parts the Locals (like me) say, "You don't like the Weather here in Colorado? Just wait five minutes...". Tomorrow it's going to be 27° for the High, and by Saturday we'll be at 36°... HEAT WAVE!

:lol:
ViperPilot
Captain
Captain

Postby H » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:08 am

Fozzer wrote:...this is one of the coldest threads that I daily come across
As you can see, Foz, it's all respective. I didn't check when I left but, comparing to Viper's post, it was a warm 9 degrees F here earlier last night... :happy-sunny:

Where did you get the thought that Colorado is all desert? Forest and even the Rockies make for some diverse and elevated atmosphere. However, the "wait five minutes," or something similar, is also advised in most every state of the United States, certainly here in New England.

8)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:48 am

H wrote:
Fozzer wrote:...this is one of the coldest threads that I daily come across
As you can see, Foz, it's all respective. I didn't check when I left but, comparing to Viper's post, it was a warm 9 degrees F here earlier last night... :happy-sunny:

Where did you get the thought that Colorado is all desert? Forest and even the Rockies make for some diverse and elevated atmosphere. However, the "wait five minutes," or something similar, is also advised in most every state of the United States, certainly here in New England.

8)

....Desert?.........Its all those Cowboy and Indian films that I watched on Saturday Mornings in the 1940's, at my local Cinema Children's Matinée!

...mostly Sand and Tumbleweeds....Covered Waggons and Rattlesnakes!... :o ...!

...and Mexican Bandits...!

...That's what "America" looked like to us!

Paul... :D ...!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0036244/
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby H » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:07 am

Fozzer wrote:Its all those Cowboy and Indian films that I watched on Saturday Mornings in the 1940's, at my local Cinema Children's Matinée!
...mostly Sand and Tumbleweeds....Covered Waggons and Rattlesnakes!... :o ...!
...and Mexican Bandits...!
...That's what "America" looked like to us!
Those events were taking place in the plains of what's now Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas and Oklahoma -- or, Bito Frandito, closer to Mexico in what's now Texas, New Mexico and Arizona, perhaps Nevada (except during the "dust bowl" period, the desert areas would primarily be in those latter states. Sorry if we put you in the state of confusion...

8)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:36 am

One of the big problems that I have in my daily Sim Flights around the USA, and my regular, You-Tube, Harley-Davidson Tours around the wonderful scenery of the USA, I have no sense of the temperatures to experience.
If the areas are not covered in snow, they always appear to be comfortably warm and dry!

...which is always nice for me!... :D ...!

Paul...Mostly to be found in the far South-Western USA.... :mrgreen: ..!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby ViperPilot » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:44 pm

For Paul... a Wintry Saturday in Denver, Colorado!

ViperPilot
Captain
Captain

Next

Return to Sport