NCAA Football

You asked for it. You got it. Sport talk here!

Re: NCAA Football

Postby Webb » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:57 pm

2014 NCAA Football Rankings - Week 14 (Nov. 23)

1 Alabama 10-1
2 Oregon 10-1
3 Florida State 11-0
4 Mississippi State 10-1
5 TCU 9-1
6 Ohio State 10-1
7 Baylor 9-1
8 UCLA 9-2
9 Georgia 9-2
10 Michigan State 9-2
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!" - Sen. John Blutarsky

You know, this used to be a helluva good country. I don't understand what's gone wrong with it. - George Hanson, 1969

A bad day at golf is better than a good day at work.

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Postby BigTruck » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:31 pm

Ah yes. Roll Tide. :dance:
BigTruck
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Webb » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:08 pm

We're never going to get to #1 squeaking by like this.

Florida 19
#3 Florida State 24

After a huge upset we will probably see a new #4.

#4 Mississippi State 17
#19 Ole Miss 31
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!" - Sen. John Blutarsky

You know, this used to be a helluva good country. I don't understand what's gone wrong with it. - George Hanson, 1969

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Postby Webb » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:22 pm

2014 NCAA Football Rankings - Week 15 (Nov. 30)

1 Alabama 11-1
2 Oregon 11-1
3 TCU 10-1
4 Florida State 12-0
5 Ohio State 11-1
6 Baylor 10-1
7 Arizona 10-2
8 Michigan State 10-2
9 Kansas State 9-2
10 Mississippi State 10-2

FSU will probably drop out of the playoff with another win.

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Postby Webb » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:15 pm

2014 NCAA Football Rankings - Week 16 (Dec. 7)

1 Alabama 12-1
2 Oregon 12-1
3 Florida State 13-0
4 Ohio State 12-1
5 Baylor 11-1
6 TCU 11-1
7 Mississippi State 10-2
8 Michigan State 10-2
9 Ole Miss 9-3
10 Arizona 10-3

Ohio State will join Alabama, Oregon and Florida State in the inaugural College Football Playoff.

The No. 1 Crimson Tide will face the No. 4 Buckeyes in the Allstate Sugar Bowl, and the second-seeded Ducks will face the third-seeded Seminoles in the Rose Bowl presented by Northwestern Mutual, both on New Year's Day.

The 12-member selection committee bumped TCU from the top four in favor of the Buckeyes, who defeated Wisconsin 59-0 in the Big Ten championship game on Saturday.

The Horned Frogs, ranked No. 3 in the previous rankings, dropped to No. 6, behind Florida State, Ohio State and Big 12 rival Baylor. Without Baylor and TCU in the College Football Playoff, the Big 12 loses out on $6 million for having one team in the playoff field.

Alabama and Oregon remained No. 1 and No. 2, respectively. Florida State, which defeated Georgia Tech in the ACC championship game on Saturday, moved up one spot to No. 3.

The semifinal winners will meet in the College Football Playoff National Championship Presented By AT&T on Jan. 12.

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Postby Webb » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:37 pm

The Bowl Games schedule is out.

Link

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Postby Webb » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:36 pm

Don't forget about the FCS Championship, a true playoff system, and some of the best games the NCAA has produced - they are just schools you have never heard of.

Link

Right now I'm at halftime

#8 Chattanooga 21
#1 New Hampshire 15

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Postby Webb » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:20 pm

Final

Chattanooga 30
New Hampshire 35

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Postby Webb » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:27 pm

FSU hearing clears quarterback Jameis Winston

(CNN) -- Florida State University quarterback Jameis Winston has been cleared by a school panel that considered whether he violated the student conduct code in relation to allegations that he sexually assaulted another student two years ago.

Winston was not arrested in the alleged 2012 incident, but he faced a code-of-conduct violation charge for sexual misconduct in the university hearing.

The independent hearing officer on the panel, Major B. Harding, ruled that "in sum, the preponderance of the evidence has not shown that you are responsible for any of the charged violations of the code ...

Witch hunts rarely find witches.

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Postby Webb » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:08 am

Florida State gives Jimbo Fisher eight-year contract extension

For the second year in a row the Florida State Seminoles are undefeated heading into the postseason. And for the second year in a row Jimbo Fisher has been rewarded with a new contract extension.

The university announced on Tuesday afternoon that the FSU head coach has signed a new eight-year deal "that will make him one of college football's highest-paid coaches."

"I am pleased that we have been able to secure Coach Fisher as our head coach for the long term," FSU athletic director Stan Wilcox said in the release. "The commitment we are making to him is a reflection of the outstanding job he has done in leading our program to its current level of excellence.

"While we are delighted with the undefeated season this year and our upcoming appearance in the inaugural College Football Playoff, we began working on this new contract before the success of this past season was in full view. It is a great day for Florida State."

The contract Fisher signed before last year's national championship game bumped his salary, including incentives, to almost $4 million per year. While there were no specifics on just how much more Fisher will be making in his new deal, it's expected to be in the neighborhood of $5 million a year.

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Postby Webb » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:40 pm

NCAA Playoff odds (January 1)

Oregon over Florida State by 9.

Alabama over Ohio State by 9.

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Postby Webb » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:44 am

We have our finalists (January 12)

Oregon 59
Florida State 20

Ohio State 42
Alabama 35

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Postby Webb » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:45 pm

Wasn't that nice of the PGA Tour. They scheduled the Hyundai Tournament of Champions to end on Monday, about a half hour before the game starts (Golf Channel, 4-8 pm Eastern).

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Postby Webb » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:11 am

National Championship Final

Ohio State Buckeyes 42
Oregon Ducks 20

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Postby Webb » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:28 pm

Ohio State’s Victory Scores Cable Ratings Record For ESPN

Last night’s inaugural College Football Playoff National Championship in primetime on ESPN turned out to be the most-watched show in cable history. The network just reported that 33.4M viewers tuned in to Ohio State’s 42-20 victory over Oregon. The game also garnered a final 18.2 rating, also a cable TV record.

The championship game gave ESPN its highest metered-market result in its 35-year history and the best ever in cable history. The Buckeyes’ 42-20 win over Oregon delivered a 18.5 overnight rating, a 21% jump over last year’s title game, in which Florida State beat Auburn in the BCS National Championship. That 2014 game pulled a 15.3 MM result for ESPN ...

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

PreviousNext

Return to Sport