Rory and Caroline call it quits

You asked for it. You got it. Sport talk here!

Rory and Caroline call it quits

Postby Webb » Wed May 21, 2014 3:52 pm

McIlroy calls off engagement to Wozniacki

VIRGINIA WATER, England (AP) -- Only a few days after sending out wedding invitations, golfer Rory McIlroy broke off his engagement to Danish tennis player Caroline Wozniacki on Wednesday.

Uncomfortable and subdued, the two-time major winner spoke about the decision ahead of the BMW PGA Championship, only a few hours after first announcing the split in a statement.

"It is quite a difficult time for Caroline and myself, and the statement really said it all this morning," McIlroy said at Wentworth. "It was mutual and we both thought it was the best for us, the best for both of us. Time to move on, and I've said all that I need to say."

The 25-year-old McIlroy and 23-year-old Wozniacki have been dating since 2011. They were engaged on New Year's Eve in Australia.
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!" - Sen. John Blutarsky

You know, this used to be a helluva good country. I don't understand what's gone wrong with it. - George Hanson, 1969

A bad day at golf is better than a good day at work.

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Re: Rory and Caroline call it quits

Postby Bass » Fri May 23, 2014 7:48 am

Yes, i've seen that.
Maybe Caroline's father came in between! He is known to do that :whistle:
"Just try to be YOU"!............ Kurt 

System. GA-X58A-UD3R, i7-950QC, Corsair XMS3 18GB 2000, GTX 780 tf 3GB, Corsair CMPSU-850, 24 BenQ 120, TM Hotas cougar, win7 pro.
Bass
Major
Major

Re: Rory and Caroline call it quits

Postby Webb » Mon May 26, 2014 4:03 pm

He seems to be taking it well.

McIlroy secures dramatic victory

Rory McIlroy came from seven shots behind to claim a remarkable victory in the BMW PGA Championship at Wentworth Club.

McIlroy carded a closing 66 to win The European Tour's flagship event for the first time following a rollercoaster final day.

The Northern Irishman only took the outright lead for the first time with a birdie on the 71st hole and made another on the last to finish 14 under par, one ahead of Ireland's Shane Lowry with two-time winner Luke Donald and overnight leader Thomas Björn a shot behind in third.

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!" - Sen. John Blutarsky

You know, this used to be a helluva good country. I don't understand what's gone wrong with it. - George Hanson, 1969

A bad day at golf is better than a good day at work.

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Return to Sport