NCAAF Bowl Games

You asked for it. You got it. Sport talk here!

NCAAF Bowl Games

Postby Webb » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:44 pm

The regular season is over and all that's left are the two national championship games.

January 4, Towson v. North Dakota State (FCS - the result of a real playoff system) and
January 6, Auburn v. Florida State (BCS - whoever we think will bring in more money).

In between we have those interminable bowl games. Who cares. Here's the schedule.

(I happened to see Colorado State v. Washington State in the Gildan New Mexico Bowl and it was awesome. WSU scored something like 18 points in the last 3 minutes to win. Like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get in a bowl game.)
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!" - Sen. John Blutarsky

You know, this used to be a helluva good country. I don't understand what's gone wrong with it. - George Hanson, 1969

A bad day at golf is better than a good day at work.

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Re: NCAAF Bowl Games

Postby ViperPilot » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:23 pm

Webb wrote:The regular season is over and all that's left are the two national championship games.

January 4, Towson v. North Dakota State (FCS - the result of a real playoff system) and
January 6, Auburn v. Florida State (BCS - whoever we think will bring in more money).

In between we have those interminable bowl games. Who cares. Here's the schedule.

(I happened to see Colorado State v. Washington State in the Gildan New Mexico Bowl and it was awesome. WSU scored something like 18 points in the last 3 minutes to win. Like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get in a bowl game.)

Heh heh, Jim... you mean CSU! It was good to see the Rams fight back like that, and bring home the trophy to the folks in Fort Collins!

:D
ViperPilot
Captain
Captain

Postby Webb » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:44 pm

My bad. Congrats to Colorado State.

Unfortunately, it's too late to edit the original post.
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!" - Sen. John Blutarsky

You know, this used to be a helluva good country. I don't understand what's gone wrong with it. - George Hanson, 1969

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Postby ViperPilot » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:37 am

Webb wrote:My bad. Congrats to Colorado State.

Unfortunately, it's too late to edit the original post.

Absolutely no worries at all, Jim! :D

We've been bereft of Bowl bids here in CO for a couple of years, so it's good when ANYBODY goes!

:clap:
ViperPilot
Captain
Captain

Postby Webb » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:56 pm

This is why you have to watch every game.

Syracuse led most of the Texas Bowl but found itself trailing by 2 after a botched 2 point conversion and a missed field goal.

With 2 minutes left Syracuse returned a Minnesota punt for 69 yards to set up the winning touchdown.

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Postby Webb » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:05 pm

November 2

Miami 14
#1 Florida State 41

December 28

#18 Louisville 36
Miami 9

Is Louisville that good or is Miami that bad?

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Postby Webb » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:58 pm

This is it.

#1 Image v. #2 Image

Latest line: Florida State by 10

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Postby Webb » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:07 am

Holy crap, what a game!

Florida State 34
Auburn 31

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Return to Sport