NCAAF Week 10

You asked for it. You got it. Sport talk here!

NCAAF Week 10

Postby Webb » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:36 pm

ESPN finally got a good Thursday night game. 9pm eastern.

#2 (#3 BCS) Oregon at
#6 (#5 BCS) Stanford

Oregon is favored by 10 points. It's performance is important for Florida State's (#2) BCS position.

Florida State is a 35 point favorite at Wake Forest on Saturday.
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!" - Sen. John Blutarsky

You know, this used to be a helluva good country. I don't understand what's gone wrong with it. - George Hanson, 1969

A bad day at golf is better than a good day at work.

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Re: NCAAF Week 10

Postby Webb » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:55 pm

Oregon 20
Stanford 26

This is going to have huge ramifications in the BCS.

#1 Alabama (8-0) is secure but has the toughest schedule of the leaders. LSU, Auburn, then Missouri or South Carolina in the SEC Championship.

#2 Florida State (8-0) has a pretty easy remaining schedule and should skate through the ACC Championship.

#3 Oregon (8-1) is out of it.

#4 Ohio State (8-0) has won 21 straight games, maybe skewed because they were bowl ineligible last year but an impressive record. They are the guys that don't get no respect

#6 Baylor (8-0) is undefeated but that's all I know about them. They are from Texas.
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!" - Sen. John Blutarsky

You know, this used to be a helluva good country. I don't understand what's gone wrong with it. - George Hanson, 1969

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Postby Webb » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:59 am

Yep, Tiger enjoyed the game

BELEK, Turkey (AP) -- Tiger Woods slashed his deficit to the leaders from six shots to one with a 9-under 63 in the second round of the Turkish Open on Friday ...

Woods revealed he had been awake since around 3:30 a.m. local time watching TV coverage of Stanford, his alma mater, beating Oregon 26-20 in college football.

The game went on so long that Woods became worried about getting in some practice at Maxx Royal before his 8 a.m. restart.

"Unfortunately, I had to stay longer watching the game than I wanted to," he said. "Kickoff was 3:30 a.m. but that was no problem as my body is still on Singapore time, but it was one of those games where it looked like we (Stanford) were going up 29-7 but the next thing you know, Oregon comes back at us and I'm thinking I have to go warm up for this tournament. So I'm saying, come on guys, can't you just run the clock out, and they finally did." ...

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Postby Webb » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:24 pm

Another big upset with no national championship ramifications.

Virginia Tech 42
#11 Miami 24

Florida State's unstoppable offense scored another impressive win.

#2 Florida State 59
Wake Forest 3

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Postby Webb » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:42 pm

BCS Rankings as of November 10

1 Alabama 9-0
2 Florida State 9-0
3 Ohio State 9-0
4 Stanford 8-1
5 Baylor 8-0
6 Oregon 8-1
7 Auburn 9-1
8 Clemson 8-1
9 Missouri 9-1
10 South Carolina 7-2

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Return to Sport