The Presidents Cup

You asked for it. You got it. Sport talk here!

The Presidents Cup

Postby Webb » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:18 pm

The President's Cup starts Thursday. Even people who watch golf don't bother to watch this. It's the US v. Anyone Who's Not From Europe.

Official Site

Match 1: Jason Day and Graham DeLaet, International vs. Hunter Mahan and Brandt Snedeker, U.S.

Match 2: Bill Haas and Webb Simpson, U.S. vs. Adam Scott and Hideki Matsuyama, International

Match 3: Louis Oosthuizen and Charl Schwartzel, International vs. Phil Mickelson and Keegan Bradley, U.S.

Match 4: Steve Stricker and Jordan Spieth, U.S. vs. Ernie Els and Brendon de Jonge, International

Match 5: Angel Cabrera and Marc Leishman, International vs. Matt Kuchar and Tiger Woods, U.S.
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!" - Sen. John Blutarsky

You know, this used to be a helluva good country. I don't understand what's gone wrong with it. - George Hanson, 1969

A bad day at golf is better than a good day at work.

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Re: The Presidents Cup

Postby Webb » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:28 pm

Day 1

USA 3½
International 2½
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!" - Sen. John Blutarsky

You know, this used to be a helluva good country. I don't understand what's gone wrong with it. - George Hanson, 1969

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Postby Webb » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:53 pm

Day 2

USA 4½
International 3½

4 matches have been suspended due to darkness after a 3 hour weather delay.

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Postby Webb » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:12 pm

Day 3

USA 11½
International 6½

4 matches have been suspended due to darkness after another weather delay.

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Postby Webb » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:10 pm

Final

USA 18½
International 15½

Tiger Woods finally redeemed himself (he usually plays terribly in Ryder Cup and Presidents Cup) with a 4-1-0 record.

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Return to Sport