Guan makes the cut

You asked for it. You got it. Sport talk here!

Guan makes the cut

Postby Webb » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:46 am

Link

AVONDALE, La. -- Just two weeks after making a historic cut at the Masters, 14-year-old Chinese sensation Guan Tianlang has made another weekend on the PGA TOUR.

Guan carded a 3-under 69 in the second round of the Zurich Classic of New Orleans and sits at 3 under for the tournament. He was tied for 44th place when he finished with the afternoon groups still on the course and finished the day in a tie for 57th.

"I think I played a very good round today," Guan said, "and I made a lot of birdies and a couple of good up and downs. So I think I had a pretty good round, I think. I think I made the cut. ...

"Making the cut is one of my goals. I'm having fun these couple of days, and I hope to play my best and go a little further into the weekend."

Guan trails leader Lucas Glover by nine shots entering Saturday's third round. And while his chances of winning are slim, where he finishes seems of little importance to those golf fans who have taken a shine to him ...
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!" - Sen. John Blutarsky

You know, this used to be a helluva good country. I don't understand what's gone wrong with it. - George Hanson, 1969

A bad day at golf is better than a good day at work.

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Re: Guan makes the cut

Postby Webb » Mon May 20, 2013 3:50 pm

Guan to play in the Memorial

Guan Tianlang has accepted an exemption to compete in the Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide Insurance. The event will take place May 27 to June 2 at Muirfield Village Golf Club.

Guan, 14, last month became the youngest player to make a cut in a major championship in PGA TOUR history when he finished 58th at The Masters Tournament with a 12-over-par 300 aggregate. His invitation to the first major of the season came by way of his victory at the 2012 Asia-Pacific Amateur Championship. A native of Guangzhou, China, Guan followed up his performance at Augusta National Golf Club by making the cut two weeks later at the Zurich Classic of New Orleans, where he finished 71st at 4-over 292. Last week he missed the cut at the HP Byron Nelson Championship after rounds of 70 and 77 ...
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!" - Sen. John Blutarsky

You know, this used to be a helluva good country. I don't understand what's gone wrong with it. - George Hanson, 1969

A bad day at golf is better than a good day at work.

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Return to Sport