The NFL Thread

You asked for it. You got it. Sport talk here!

Re: The NFL Thread

Postby BigTruck » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:01 pm

ARGH!  I dropped Burress and benched Sanchez, and he scores three touchdowns and Sanchez racks up a solid 20 fantasy points, doubling my starter (Cutler)

Arian Foster got me 43 points though haha  8-) 
Alienware X51_R2 (thank you wife) Windows 8.1, 6GB Ram, Intel Core i3-4150 CPU @3.50GHz
FSX Acceleration settings on max, no twitches or glitches.
Saitek X52 Stick and Throttle
BigTruck
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby gtirob01 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:21 am

So pissed off that the Chargers just let the Jets come back in the 2nd half. WTF were they doing in the final 2 minutes? Pitiful. Im ashamed to be a Charger fan right now.

On a good note, on my fantasy team i have Marques Colston, Roddy White, and Mike Wallace.. all of them had great contributions!
My specs... A hard drive, motherboard, graphics card, some memory, a keyboard, mouse, and monitor - in other words, nothing special.

My Posky
gtirob01
Major
Major

Postby tcco94 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:23 pm

Yeah WTH is up with the Chargers passing game?! I get Philip Rivers early in the draft thinking he'll be good. That guy's become a interception machine this year. And I benched Mark Sanchez over him....I don't get it....why does everyone say Sanchez sucks?! He's a solid consistent fantasy QB?? He's now become my starter screw these "fantasy analysts"......they said bench Steven Jackson against Packers and Cowboys....thankfully I didnt listen to them because he did good in both games. Oh well BARELY made it out this week (Earnest Graham, Percy Harvin decided to get injured and Greg Olsen only caught a ball once) but left it up to Adrian Peterson to give me the win.  ;) It's always good to have the #1 (Fred Jackson) and #3 (Adrian Peterson) fantasy running backs on your team.

Went 0-3 and changed my name to I wanna win and been on a 4 game win streak since! :D
tcco94
Major
Major

Postby BigTruck » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:50 pm

Yep, I'm not listening to the analysts anymore, Sanchez gets a consistent 20 every week.
Last edited by BigTruck on Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alienware X51_R2 (thank you wife) Windows 8.1, 6GB Ram, Intel Core i3-4150 CPU @3.50GHz
FSX Acceleration settings on max, no twitches or glitches.
Saitek X52 Stick and Throttle
BigTruck
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby tcco94 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:46 pm

Yup. Sanchez has had 6 great weeks and 1 bad week. I think he's proven to be starter. Except against the Ravens lol.
tcco94
Major
Major

Postby Webb » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:47 pm

Report: Dolphins owner reaches out to Cowher; Sparano's house for sale

Operatives for the Miami Dolphins have contacted people close to former Pittsburgh Steelers coach Bill Cowher about the team's head coaching job, CBSSports.com reported Tuesday.

The report, which cited a source with knowledge of the situation, said team owner Stephen Ross was resorting to back channels to avoid the kind of criticism he received in January 2011 when he publicly courted then-Stanford coach Jim Harbaugh while current Dolphins coach Tony Sparano was still under contract.

Sparano has been under fire all season as the Dolphins have sputtered to an 0-6 start. During last Sunday's loss to the Denver Broncos, NFL.com's Jeff Darlington reported that Sparano shouted at officials that he was in danger of being fired.

Further fueling the speculation that he might be on his way out of Miami, Sparano confirmed a report Wednesday that he has put his Miami area home up for sale ....

Don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out.
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!" - Sen. John Blutarsky

You know, this used to be a helluva good country. I don't understand what's gone wrong with it. - George Hanson, 1969

A bad day at golf is better than a good day at work.

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Postby DaveSims » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:11 pm

Did any Colts fans survive the game Sunday, 62-7?  As a Saints fan, I felt sorry for them.
DaveSims
Major
Major

Postby tcco94 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:01 pm

[quote]Did any Colts fans survive the game Sunday, 62-7?
tcco94
Major
Major

Postby Webb » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:37 pm

Finally.

Miami 31
Kansas City 3

1-7!
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!" - Sen. John Blutarsky

You know, this used to be a helluva good country. I don't understand what's gone wrong with it. - George Hanson, 1969

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Postby tcco94 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:28 pm

Finally.

Miami 31
Kansas City 3

1-7!

Thank you.....now everyone can shut up about how this KC team is forreal this year....

Rams lose a close one but i'll blame the Rams for this one. Stupidity going for it on 4th and 1 with under 2 minutes left in the game when they could have easily made a field goal and tied the game.  ::)
tcco94
Major
Major

Postby Webb » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:08 pm

Green Bay 14
Kansas City 19

It's getting lonely in here.

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Postby ViperPilot » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:34 pm

Yep, a wacky Week 15 in the NFL...

The Pack loses to Orton, Big Ben's beat up but tried to play, and my 20 Mule Team got a lesson in Offense, courtesy of Mr. Gisele B
Last edited by ViperPilot on Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ViperPilot
Captain
Captain

Postby Webb » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:08 pm

Man accused of trying to bribe deputy with Dolphins tickets

A man charged with offering a police officer two tickets to today's Miami Dolphins pro football season finale to avoid arrest might be mostly guilty of overestimating their value, a judge said at the man's bond hearing this morning.

Eric Scott Topalian, 23, of suburban Boca Raton, is charged with two counts each of possessing controlled drugs without a prescription, bribery of a public servant, threatening a public servant and resisting arrest without violence ...

"Have you been watching the Dolphins? No one's going to go to that game," Palm Beach County Judge Timothy P. McCarthy told Topalian.

Topalian began to say something but the judge admonished him that it probably would be better if he didn't discuss the potential value of an alleged bribe while he still was considered innocent until proven guilty.

"Miami-Jets tickets aren't worth a damn," McCarthy said, and reduced Topalian's bond accordingly, ordering him held in lieu of $6,000 bail.

;D

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Postby Webb » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:03 pm

NFL Wild Card Weekend matchups all set

Saturday
AFC: No. 6 Cincinnati Bengals (9-7) at No. 3 Houston Texans (10-6), 4:30 p.m. ET (NBC)
NFC: No. 6 Detroit Lions (10-6) at No. 3 New Orleans Saints (13-3), 8 p.m. ET (NBC)

Sunday
NFC: No. 5 Atlanta Falcons (10-6) at Cowboys-Giants winner, 1 p.m. ET (FOX)
AFC: No. 5 Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4) at No. 4 Denver Broncos (8-8), 4:30 p.m. ET (CBS)

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Postby tcco94 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:01 am

Rams put up a great fight in the last game this year. Spags will be gone next year, kinda happy kinda sad to see him go but rumors are Jeff Fisher might be coming back to coaching and the Rams will get him.

As much as I hate Josh McDaniels (our offensive coordinator)...I just found out that if he goes, Lloyd is following him. I want him to leave so bad but don't wanna lose Lloyd. Lloyd said his "ties are with McDaniels, not the Rams" ...

Well after a 7-9 season last year I thought this year would be a turn around but I was wrong. Having most of our players injured after week 1....Rams go 2-14, and have 2nd overall pick. Mock Drafts say we'll get Matt Kalil (OL from USC) but I'm praying we get Justin Blackmon and go for a new Offensive Lineman 2nd round. If Lloyd is gone Bradford's season will be much harder.

Just when I though the Rams were done rebuilding last year I was obviously wrong. Still got a few years ahead of us to get back to a winning record and into the playoffs. And now the Niners are some new type of power house. Don't see that sticking for long with their offense. They're first year with Singletary was a success and the next were busts. Not saying Harbaugh isn't good (because I think he's great) but he's gotta get a better offense. Starting with getting a franchise QB....even though that's kinda the GM's job  ;D.

Well overall a VERY fun and exciting season. Can't wait for Playoffs and next year.  8-)
tcco94
Major
Major

PreviousNext

Return to Sport