Le Mans

You asked for it. You got it. Sport talk here!

Le Mans

Postby The Ruptured Duck » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:05 pm

I was wondering if anyone here has ever camped at the 24 hours of Le Mans?  I am thinking about going this year and I am wondering what I should do to prepare, specifically security wise.

Thanks
"If you would not be forgotten, as soon as you are dead and rotten, either write things worth reading, or do things worth the writing" -Ben Franklin

"Man must rise above the Earth to the top of the atmosphere and beyond, for only
The Ruptured Duck
Major
Major

Re: Le Mans

Postby ozzy72 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:35 am

Keep everything of value on you at all times! A mate of mine got his tent emptied of its valuables a couple of years back and as he was English the local branch of Feds-R-Us were VERY unhelpful and he didn't get anything back.
Oddly at the Bol d'Or (motorcyling version of Le Mans) another friend had a similar experience and a bunch of French bikers found the thief and gave him a good pasting and gave him his stuff back. So you never can tell...
There are two types of aeroplane, Spitfires and everything else that wishes it was a Spitfire!
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Postby The Ruptured Duck » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:40 am

Is anyone here going this year?
"If you would not be forgotten, as soon as you are dead and rotten, either write things worth reading, or do things worth the writing" -Ben Franklin

"Man must rise above the Earth to the top of the atmosphere and beyond, for only
The Ruptured Duck
Major
Major

Postby ozzy72 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:07 pm

I'll be watching it on telly most likely. It'll be interesting to see the return of Toyota, their new car sounds interesting and they've already signed about half the Peugeot drivers now the Big P have dropped out.
Could be the first decent race for about a decade ;D
There are two types of aeroplane, Spitfires and everything else that wishes it was a Spitfire!
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Sport