Steve Williams does not like Tiger Woods

You asked for it. You got it. Sport talk here!

Steve Williams does not like Tiger Woods

Postby Webb » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:35 pm

[url=http://tracking.si.com/2011/11/04/tigers-former-caddy-stuns-crowd-with-barb/]Tiger
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!" - Sen. John Blutarsky

You know, this used to be a helluva good country. I don't understand what's gone wrong with it. - George Hanson, 1969

A bad day at golf is better than a good day at work.

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Re: Steve Williams does not like Tiger Woods

Postby Fozzer » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:24 pm

I love the reference to the; "insertion" details... ;D... ;D... ;D...!

Sounds painful, at least!... :o.... ;)...!

Paul.... ;D...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Webb » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:16 pm

Woods, Williams clear air over racial remark

Tiger Woods says he and Steve Williams had a face-to-face meeting to clear the air over a racial remark the golfer's former caddie made last week.

Speaking Tuesday morning in Australia, Woods said he met Williams and "talked it through."

"Obviously, it was a wrong thing to say. Something that we both acknowledge now, and we're moving forward," Woods said during a press conference at the site of this week's Australian Open3.

"He did apologize. It was hurtful, certainly, but life goes forward."

Woods added: "We'll see what time does. As we all know, time does heel wounds. We'll see how that goes."

Williams, who now caddies for Adam Scott4, drew headlines for comments he made after Scott's victory at the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational in August, which he said was the biggest win of his career despite being on the bag for 13 major championships with Woods.

At a caddie awards dinner last week, Williams was asked on stage about that comment. He reportedly replied, in reference to Woods: "My aim was to shove it right up that black ar--hole."

Williams offered an apology on his website after the comment was reported, and he met with Woods personally Tuesday to apologize directly to his former boss.

"Stevie is certainly not a racist. There's no doubt about that," Woods said. "I think it was a comment that shouldn't have been made. Certainly, it was one that he wished he didn't make."

Woods was asked to explain how their relationship had soured since he fired Williams at the AT&T National.

"For me personally, it was a tough decision to make to go a different direction in my professional life, but as far as personally I don't know how it could have happened the way it did, but it did and here we are," Woods said. "So as I said, life goes forward and keep moving forward."

The rest of the press conference was more light-hearted with questions about the course, which Woods said he hadn't seen personally other than on TV.

Woods also talked about needing more tournament reps, as he does frequently at press conferences, and said he was excited to be playing three of the next four weeks.

Following the Australian Open, the 14-time major champion will play the Presidents Cup and then his own Chevron World Challenge two weeks after that.
Last edited by Webb on Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!" - Sen. John Blutarsky

You know, this used to be a helluva good country. I don't understand what's gone wrong with it. - George Hanson, 1969

A bad day at golf is better than a good day at work.

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Postby tcco94 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:22 pm

I just don't understand why Stevie hates Tiger now?? Like you didn't downgrade you pretty much upgraded to a better Adam Scott... ;D

Who knows...
tcco94
Major
Major

Return to Sport