IYHO

Discuss Movies, Music, TV, etc here.

IYHO

Postby Sock » Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:41 am

I need an opinion.  I'm looking into a new guitar, and I think I want a BC Rich...I've been looking at one of there Bronze Warlock models and I can't stop drooling over it!

If anyone has played one, owned one, even admired one, I want to know what you think of them.  Is it worth it, or should I stay with my Yamaha?

Sock
Sock
Major
Major

Re: IYHO

Postby Paz » Mon Dec 15, 2003 6:08 pm

I played a B.C Rich Warlock NJ series for many years and I absolutely loved it, it is still my favorite guitar of all time, but if I was still playing, I would most certainly own a B.C. Rich Beast by now.

Here I am with my Warlock and my brother is on the right, he always played the Ibanez Iceman and really liked it, you can't really tell from this picture but my brothers hair is nearly to his ass, we have both since shaved our heads. (Well I leave my hair about 3/8" long, he leaves his about 1/8" or less these days.)

Still no linked images allowed around here Paz! Naughty...
Paz
Major
Major

Postby Sock » Mon Dec 15, 2003 6:21 pm

Hell, that settles it!  I'll take one opinion. ;D  Thanks Paz!

One question, though...How could you stand being in a band with your brother?  Me and mine...Can't stand the sight of each other!  He also has no musical talent what-so-ever... ::)  

Sock
Sock
Major
Major

Postby Hagar » Mon Dec 15, 2003 6:50 pm

One question, though...How could you stand being in a band with your brother?

I played in the same group with my younger brother for 12 years. We always had a great rapport on stage & brought out the best in each other. He was the best darned bass player I ever played with, or knew for that matter. ;)

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Apex » Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:00 pm

A friend of mine bought his 13yo son a Warlock last year.  Quite a good guitar, so I found out, a bit on the heavy side, but that's nothing unusual.  This particular one had an extraordinarily good neck also.  Gotta try several of them back to back:  I went over to our local Guitar Center back then, the ones hanging on the rack didn't quite measure up to my friend's neck-wise, but I suppose some adjustment would do it.  Still OK tho.  
Apex
Major
Major

Postby Sock » Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:19 pm

The greatest rock band in history have the lead guitarists that are brothers. They are Angus Young and Malcom Young of AC/DC

P.S Angus has a HUGELY VERY nice guitar can someone please tell me what it is?

I believe its either a Epiphone G400 or a Gibson SG...Yes Malcom and Angus are brothers, I know.  But I hate my brother. ;D

Sock
Sock
Major
Major

Postby Paz » Tue Dec 16, 2003 3:24 am

My brother is like my best friend other than my fiance', and he can play almost any song you can name off, I'm not sure how much he plays anymore, I only talk to him maybe once a month.
Still no linked images allowed around here Paz! Naughty...
Paz
Major
Major

Postby Hagar » Tue Dec 16, 2003 3:30 am

My brother is like my best friend.

My brother IS my best friend. It wasn't always that way, especially when we were younger. I think playing in the group together helped us appreciate & respect each other.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Politically Incorrect » Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:36 am

The greatest rock band in history have the lead guitarists that are brothers. They are Angus Young and Malcom Young of AC/DC

P.S Angus has a HUGELY VERY nice guitar can someone please tell me what it is?

Gibson SG Angus yes he plays. (very bad Yoda)
Politically Incorrect
Major
Major

Postby Sock » Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:20 pm

I doupt we (my brother and I) will ever be "friends."  Already, at the tendor ages of 15 and 16, we have a deep underlining hatred for each other.  You could say I hate him with burning passion that fills my soul when even his name is breathed, a passion that burns hotter than Hell itself. :)

I may have exacerbated that just a hair... ::)

Sock
Sock
Major
Major

Postby Sock » Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:58 pm

You definetly don't want to be my enemy. ;D  

You could buy one cheap, mind you cheap for a Gibson SG at http://www.music123.com

The Epiphone version is only (yeah I say "only") $360.  Or you could go for the gusto and get the Gibson one for $600.  Or get the Angus Young Signiture SG Special for I think $1,300. :)

Sock :)
Sock
Major
Major

Postby Polynomial » Thu Dec 18, 2003 6:25 am

nice g'tar sock!
Polynomial
Major
Major

Next

Return to Music, Arts & Entertainment