Instruments?

Postby Tequila Sunrise » Thu Jul 24, 2003 2:17 pm

well?
Who plays what?

heres my Danelectro 56-U2, sort off. Same model but mines aint a lefty

I've got a Marshal 75 reverb
silver lead and conections
and a Ramon 6 string acoustic
I'm thinking about getting a third guitar after my next cheque comes in.
If someone with multiple personality disorder threatens suicide, is it a hostage situation?

Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee
Tequila Sunrise
Major
Major

Re: Instruments?

Postby Fly2e » Thu Jul 24, 2003 3:01 pm

Played all over Long Island, New York City, surrounding area, etc..........
Was featured on Metal Blade's "Best Unsigned Band in America" back in early 1990's. We even opened up for a band called Kings X at The Limelight here in Manhattan.
My Guitarist and Bass player went on to form the band BIG WRECK under Atlantic Records. They have 2 albums out and are doing very well.

Here I am with somewhat "big hair" back in my "metal" days!!!

Dave   8)
COMING SOON!
Fly2e
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Maccers » Thu Jul 24, 2003 6:41 pm

For those who missed it. My Yamaha RGX 121SL Lefty in black and Crate (:-[) GX15R Amp that i picked up last week. 8) A tenner's worth of Venom leads and picks thrown in free (yay ::))
Fingers hurt from fretting, but now i know 10 chordes and can switch a few without thinking ;D
Athlon XP 1800+, 1GB RAM, Asus V9560 FX 5600 256Mb, 40Gb HDD
Maccers
Major
Major

Postby ChuckMajik » Fri Jul 25, 2003 1:06 am

I don't exactly have a picture of my instrument,
but I've been told on several occasions that I play a real mean Baritone Sax.
ChuckMajik

Postby Paz » Fri Jul 25, 2003 9:22 am

Here is the gear I am most proud of, My BC Rich Warlock NJ Series, and My Ovation 6-string Electric/Acoustic, also in the picture is my 8-track digital multitracker, Digitech GSP-21 Pro Effects Processor, Digitech RP-6 Effects Board, (I had an RP-10 that I loved, but apparently somebody else loved it too because it was stolen), a small crate amp, Nady SP-1 Mic and a Sony A7 DAT Recorder, this is some of the stuff I used to write and record all my original music.
 I also have an Ovation 12-string Electric/Acoustic, a Nylon strung Classical Acoustic, another Ovation 6-string, Acoustic only (Blue), There are 3 other 6-string electrics here, and a couple of Bass guitars.
 I have lost track of a couple of guitars that I loaned out, the same with effects pedals, I used to have dozens of pedals but when I went to rack mount effects and multi-effect boards, my pedals started to disappear, or I would loan them out and forget who had them.
 I also have a Carvin Half-Stack which I normally topped with a Crate head, this setup is in storage along with various other guitars, Mic stands, studio amps, and I don't know what else anymore.
And I have a Fiddle too, that I never did figure out how to play.
Oh, I almost forgot, there is a slide-out shelf under the 8-track recorder in the picture that has a Boss DR-5 Dr. Rhythym drum machine/Rythym processor and a Digitech VHM-5 Vocal Processor, I also have a Yamaha PSR-85 Keyboard setup, but that is sitting behind the point from where I took the photo.
 That's all I can think of right now, I don't play much anymore except sometimes late at night I will pull out my Ovation and go to guitartab universe and play around a little.

I have had guys bugging me for years to start playing again, but I think I had my fill of all that, it's always cool at first but there are a lot of headaches that turn up later. Friends can become enemies playing together in a band, I've seen it happen many times.
  Sometimes I think about Writing and Recording at least one more CD, but I guess my heart really isn't in it anymore, I did it for nearly 20 years and I think the main thing I liked about it was getting laid a lot, because being the frontman for a band certainly attracts some damn fine ladies.

So if you are just getting started I say enjoy! and good luck, stay focused. If I would have been 'discovered' I would still be doing it, unfortunetly I enjoyed the sex and drugs end of things too much to ever try seriously to promote my music.
 It's easy to lose sight of your goals when alcohol, drugs and women become more fun than rehearsing, writing, and dealing with other musicians who think their idea of what the band plays is more important than the guy who wrote the music and put the band together specifically to play that music.
 Now a few years have gone by and those same guys are telling me how good my music was and begging me to put the band back together, and how they can't play without me...pathetic, Screw them.

Still no linked images allowed around here Paz! Naughty...
Paz
Major
Major

Postby chomp_rock » Fri Jul 25, 2003 7:44 pm

These are what I play. They are not pics of mine I just got them off the web.
Trombone
Trumpet 8)
AMD Athlon 64 3700+
GeForce FX5200 256Mb
1GB DDR400 DC
Seagate 500Gb SATA-300 HDD
Windows XP Professional X64 Edition

That's right, I'm now using an AMD! I decided to give them another try and they
chomp_rock
Major
Major

Postby Travis » Sat Jul 26, 2003 6:58 am

That purple acoustic is BEAUTIFUL! :o

Wish I had the money for that!  Saddly, I'm stuck with a Yamaha classical, but it gets the job done.  Damn near snapped the neck last night!
Travis
Major
Major

Postby Polynomial » Sat Jul 26, 2003 8:22 am

I play a bit of piano, guitar (lead), and ive been playing the Alto Saxophone for about 7 years now and played the flute for one year.
Polynomial
Major
Major

Postby swanny338 » Sun Jul 27, 2003 2:56 pm

I play drums, I dont have a pic of my actual set but here is one close to it. Thats almost exactly the same except there are two more toms, one where the cowbell is and the other is an 18 inch at the very end. Mine is the same color as that one with the same type of setup I have more cymbals though. 8 Zildjians 2 sabians, and a paiste

Last edited by swanny338 on Sun Jul 27, 2003 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Still have a nice PC but I just switched to a hella nice mac
swanny338
Major
Major

Postby swanny338 » Sun Jul 27, 2003 2:59 pm

Hey Fly2E check out this drumset
Last edited by swanny338 on Sun Jul 27, 2003 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
swanny338
Major
Major

Postby Craig. » Sun Jul 27, 2003 2:59 pm

as a younger lad i used to be able to play a load of insturments, about the only one that sticks now, is the piano, can still play that well though
Craig.
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Maccers » Sun Jul 27, 2003 5:13 pm

I remember when i was about 10-12 i could play the biro ;D (Yes thats right, the pen variety)
lol
Athlon XP 1800+, 1GB RAM, Asus V9560 FX 5600 256Mb, 40Gb HDD
Maccers
Major
Major

Postby Tequila Sunrise » Sun Jul 27, 2003 7:18 pm

never played the biro but my music teacher in 2nd got us all to play the spoons ::).
If someone with multiple personality disorder threatens suicide, is it a hostage situation?

Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee
Tequila Sunrise
Major
Major

Postby swanny338 » Sun Jul 27, 2003 7:41 pm

other than drums, i play Keyboard, Guitar(i suck at it), and a long time ago i played violin(chill goes down my back)
swanny338
Major
Major

Postby Fly2e » Mon Jul 28, 2003 9:50 am

Really COOL Swanny!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave  8)
COMING SOON!
Fly2e
Colonel
Colonel