The Guitar

Discuss Movies, Music, TV, etc here.

The Guitar

Postby Apex » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:27 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbYaYRAPvug

Go to 3.35 for the Fugue, that's the best part.

I know classical guitar well. She is VERY, VERY good. Picked the video out at random, don't know anything about her, etc, but she plays the Fugue with excellent technique.

It's from a Johann Sebastian Bach Suite for Solo Violin. The Fugue works well on guitar. On violin it gets a bit scratchy.

And this, a piano piece by Isaac Albeniz, whose many piano compositions somehow work better on guitar than piano. Very difficult stuff to play:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inBKFMB-yPg

You may recognize the theme, the Doors 'Spanish Caravan' was based on it with Robbie Krieger playing it in a flamenco guitar style.

Yep, it ain't all fun & blues.
Apex
Major
Major

Re: The Guitar

Postby Canuck1955 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:38 pm

Thanks for posting that. Remarkable playing and a new artiste for me to investigate. There is not enough Classical guitar repertoire sadly, which means that all guitarists end up playing the same tunes.
Canuck1955
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: The Guitar

Postby Apex » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:33 pm

Your comment, "There is not enough Classical guitar repertoire sadly, which means that all guitarists end up playing the same tunes" is very true.

You may be interested in Marco Pereira, go to Youtube and check him out. He is a Latin American guitarist and plays Latin American repertoire as well as his own compositions.
If you want to see a nylon string guitarist playing with great power, he's the guy.

There is a scope of Latin American guitar music out there that's really pretty cool, guitarist John Williams' 'El Diablo Suelto', Steve Novacek's 'Guitar Music of the Americas',
and others I can't think of right now.
Apex
Major
Major

Return to Music, Arts & Entertainment