Has Discovery lost the plot?

Discuss Movies, Music, TV, etc here.

Re: Has Discovery lost the plot?

Postby Apex » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:02 pm

Yep, true it were, the best situation comedies were the Britcoms, as PBS called them. And there are more than just the ones I mentioned, one real biggie I forgot is Fawlty Towers. And another one, that rec center comedy with Chris Barrie. Really fun, creative stuff.
Apex
Major
Major

Re: Has Discovery lost the plot?

Postby Jean Loup » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:47 pm

Natgeo now proudly presents bringing tourists (disguised as "explorers" with Nikes, Adidas, Eagle Eyes & iPhones) to wild áreas like natural reserves. I have lived in paradisiacal fishermen beach communities (like Acapulco before 1968- after those Olimpic games, it became touristcal & pot exporter). Recently (20 years ago is my "recently" at 74) I lived 6 years as manager of the Arcoíris Hotel right on Zicatela Beach of Puerto Escondido, Oaxaca, watching some daring surfers defying gigantic waves at 6 am. while I was having my breakfast on the 3rd. floor Restaurant.

From what I see in the Web and Friends over there tell me, I left right on time: tourists are turning the beaches into trash reservoirs!! many times I have seen that people from Nature, want to go & work in cities because they are sold to the PROGRESS (that actually marginates them more & more). I have come to this age with health & stregth to keep-on trucking thanks to living OUTSiDE of BiG CITIES & their stressing URBAN LiFE. Night life & cabarets are not my thing at all, either. We just are at the end of another cycle of life on Planet Earth, our Mother Earth that survived much worst in the past.

Memoirs keep me alive & allow me to see the good things that stil survive till this day :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
<<t
...LiCENSE & REGiSTRATiON !!
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Previous

Return to Music, Arts & Entertainment