Butch Trucks (Allman Brothers) is gone

Discuss Movies, Music, TV, etc here.

Butch Trucks (Allman Brothers) is gone

Postby Apex » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:47 am

https://www.yahoo.com/music/allman-brot ... l#comments

I don't know much about the Allman Brothers so I can't really comment on Butch Trucks. But, being a musician, every musician's passing affects everyone and deserves a respectful condolence. I did see the Allman Brothers in concert in 1970 at the Univ of Miami, I guess they were in their heyday at that time, and the concert, as expected, was so very good. Two excellent guitarists and two excellent drummers along with the rest of the group made for a very enjoyable concert. It was an unforgettable musical moment in time.

We have lost great musicians in recent memory. All of them have one thing in common: They give us the gift of music. We pay very little for that, but they work hard in their dedication to their art form. Every time you listen to the music of your choosing, know that to get that music to you requires a lot of effort on the part of a lot of people. And for that we hold all musicians in great respect.

May Butch Trucks rest in peace, and thank you for everything.
Apex
Major
Major

Re: Butch Trucks (Allman Brothers) is gone

Postby Shadowcaster » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:21 am

So sad to read this, one of my favourite albums is At Fillmore East (Live) he will be missed. We still have the music so he will live on in our hearts. I also like his son's work esp the Tedeschi Trucks Band.

Cheers
Rich
All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

Spike Milligan
Shadowcaster
Major
Major

Return to Music, Arts & Entertainment