Lois Lane (Noel Neill) has died

Discuss Movies, Music, TV, etc here.

Lois Lane (Noel Neill) has died

Postby Webb » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:11 pm

I discovered this while getting my weekly Superman fix. She was 95.

Noel Neill obituary

There may be some argument about who was the best screen Superman, Christopher Reeve or George Reeves, or even Henry Cavill, but most agree that Noel Neill, who has died aged 95, was the best of all those who played the superhero’s love interest, Lois Lane.

Neill took the role of the Metropolis Daily Planet reporter who ran circles around Superman’s alter ego, Clark Kent, in two movie serials and 78 episodes of the hit television series, between 1948 and 1958. She pitched her portrayal somewhere between struggling career girl and screwball comedian, and was particularly effective in Lane’s battles with the fiery editor, Perry White. As Jack Larson, who played the cub reporter Jimmy Olsen in the TV show, put it, “she had this wonderful perky touch to Lois Lane, and basically she could do everything in one take”.
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!" - Sen. John Blutarsky

You know, this used to be a helluva good country. I don't understand what's gone wrong with it. - George Hanson, 1969

A bad day at golf is better than a good day at work.

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Return to Music, Arts & Entertainment