Blonde on Blonde is 50

Discuss Movies, Music, TV, etc here.

Blonde on Blonde is 50

Postby Webb » Wed May 18, 2016 8:16 pm

You have to be a Dylan fan to appreciate it and most young people aren't because he hasn't made anything worth listening to in 30 years.

Inside Bob Dylan's 'Blonde on Blonde': Rock's First Great Double Album

"The musicians played cards, I wrote out a song, we'd do it, they'd go back to their game and I'd write out another song."

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG8Hi-fpyLI[/youtube]
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!" - Sen. John Blutarsky

You know, this used to be a helluva good country. I don't understand what's gone wrong with it. - George Hanson, 1969

A bad day at golf is better than a good day at work.

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Re: Blonde on Blonde is 50

Postby Jetranger » Wed May 18, 2016 9:07 pm

he fell off stage here in Kansas city during a summer concert about 4 years ago, drunker than a skunk never did finish the concert :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll:
Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby expat » Thu May 19, 2016 5:27 am

Well that was not the Blond on Blond that I was thinking of........... :? Looks like I spent way to much time serving in the military........ :D

Matt
"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

PETA Image People Eating Tasty Animals.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby FlexibleFlier » Thu May 19, 2016 8:28 am

Back in 1961 I was going to college in New York City's Greenwich Village (actually, I had grown up in NYC so this was familiar territory). The Village was a great place to hang out; it has always been avant garde, or "hippy" before there were hippies.

Anyway, there was a lot of music at clubs with cool names. One night I went to "The Fat Black Pussy Cat" club to hear Peter, Paul and Mary (yeah, folk music was very "in") and there was this skinny little guy, of whom I'd never heard, as the opening act: Bob Zimmerman. I didn't like him much but then what did I know...he was, of course, soon to be reincarnated as Bob Dylan.

I can't say I really liked him over the years but some of his music was terrific. And, too, The Band, his backup group, was great. Here's a video of Amy Vachal performing Dylan's "To Make You Feel My Love" on The Voice. Good stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UENEuOA2sbo

Enjoy!
FlexibleFlier
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby BigTruck » Sun May 29, 2016 7:10 pm

expat wrote:Well that was not the Blond on Blond that I was thinking of........... :? Looks like I spent way to much time serving in the military........ :D

Matt

Got me too. :whistle: :doh:
BigTruck
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Music, Arts & Entertainment