"Prince" found dead in recording studios....

Discuss Movies, Music, TV, etc here.

"Prince" found dead in recording studios....

Postby Fozzer » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:28 pm

Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Re: "Prince" found dead in recording studios....

Postby pilotwin7 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:05 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SFNW5F8K9Y[/youtube]
pilotwin7
Major
Major

Postby pete » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:01 pm

Drastic news indeed.
He is one of only a small handful of the true royalty of music - along with Stevie Wonder, The Beatles, Dylan and maybe 1 or 2 others who have written such a massive and diverse repertior, won multiple grammies and tons more awards, played multiple instruments .... and generally deserve the name 'genius'

The world has lost a true great. But he leaves behind a portfolio of wonderful art that will live into the in the future as Mozart & Beethoven.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Hawkeye07 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:31 pm

Very bleak day here in Minnesota where he lived. It's all the news agencies have been talking about, even public radio. Another great talent taken away.
One of the very few current pop artists who I really enjoyed.

An Aircraft Mechanic only needs two tools, Duct Tape and WD40.
If it moves and it's not supposed to - use the Duct Tape.
If it doesn't move and it's supposed to - use the WD40.

Intel(R) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz, P55M-UD4, GeForce GTX960 8.00 GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit & 64 bit on separate HDs)
Hawkeye07
Major
Major

Postby Merlin0859 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:55 am

Not a good year to be a rock star for sure. Bowie then this! Oh and don't forget Glen Frey. Boy I'm feeling old at the moment.
Merlin0859
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Webb » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:14 pm

Why Over Half of Prince’s Estate Will Go to the Government

It appears that the pop star Prince may have died without a will, leaving behind a multi-million dollar and growing estate. Although Prince has one full sister and five half-siblings, Prince’s family members will not be his biggest heirs.

Both the federal government and Minnesota’s state government will assess so-called “death taxes” or estate taxes on Prince’s assets, taking away more than half his estate. Between his physical assets—cash, investments, home, etc.—and his future royalties, Prince’s estate has been estimated to be between $300 and $500 million.

If Prince were married, he could have passed on the entirety of his estate to his spouse tax free. However, without a spouse, only $1.6 million of Prince’s estate will be free from Minnesota’s death tax and only $5.45 million will escape the federal death tax.

The combination of Minnesota’s top death tax rate of 16 percent, plus the federal government’s 40 percent rate, means that over 50 percent of Prince’s estate will go to the government ...

Ghouls.

Note the part about the $5.45 million exemption. Anyone reading this will probably have no tax due.
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!" - Sen. John Blutarsky

You know, this used to be a helluva good country. I don't understand what's gone wrong with it. - George Hanson, 1969

A bad day at golf is better than a good day at work.

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Postby Jetranger » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:24 pm

I'm having a hard time trying to Figure out what to do with all my money,,,, when I Die, theres just so much of it !!!!!

should I give it away to whoever ?

I have no kids or wife :dance:

Theres just soo much to count, it may take me quite a while

Theres like 1 Penny in 1 jar on the dresser

and another Penny in a cup on the other dresser

NOW,,, that's my 2-Cents worth for what its worth :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jetranger
Major
Major

Return to Music, Arts & Entertainment