Spectre Theme

Discuss Movies, Music, TV, etc here.

Spectre Theme

Postby Shadowcaster » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:44 am

Looking forward to the film, not to impressed with the theme. :cry: Maybe I'm getting to old.
All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

Spike Milligan
Shadowcaster
Major
Major

Re: Spectre Theme

Postby ozzy72 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:15 am

Worst Bond theme since From Russia With Love. Ghastly.
Lets hope the film is good!
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Jean Loup » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:26 pm

Allow me to digress: at least the mexican part of Spectre is ABSOLUTLY FAKE, it is a hell-o-ween from holly bolly wood. NOT DíA de MUERTOS at all!! It was filmed in the spring time, not in the FALL when the real celebration takes place in México. NO ME GUSTA NADA :confusion-seeingstars:
...LiCENSE & REGiSTRATiON !!
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Postby Webb » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:21 pm

It's no worse than Live and Let Die.

Can't they go back to the good old style where the song had something to do with the movie?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy_PJODH3p0[/youtube]
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!" - Sen. John Blutarsky

You know, this used to be a helluva good country. I don't understand what's gone wrong with it. - George Hanson, 1969

A bad day at golf is better than a good day at work.

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Postby expat » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:00 am

A slight side step, but I was reading some facts and figures about the franchise.

Sean Connery got paid $100,000 for his roll in Dr No, raising to $800,000 in Thunderball and then to $800,000 + 25% merchandising royalties in You Only Live Twice. Adjusted for today that would equate to $600,000 $3,2 million and $4,7 million.
Daniel Craig started at $3.2 million for his first and $17 million for Skyfall, no figure for Spectre yet.

Production cost of Dr No was.........a whopping $1.1 million and took in $60 million (adjusted for today, $7 million and $450 million)
Production cost of Skyfall was......$200 million..... :shock: :shock: , but took in............$110,860,000... :shock:

So, I would suggest that if Iron Maden where screaming Bond at an ear bleeding volume or if Five Dogs With No Talent (AKA Spice Girls) got back together, the song actually makes no difference at all to the film... :lol: :lol: This latest offering, well if I happen to feel like downing a fist full of sleeping pills and a bottle of single malt to end it all, then this would be a good tune to do it to......

And if the above figures are anything to go by, if Bond ever goes public, then the theme song and there have been some howlers should not put you off buying a couple of shares...

Matt
"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

PETA Image People Eating Tasty Animals.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Return to Music, Arts & Entertainment