Ozzy Osbourne in hospital...

Discuss Movies, Music, TV, etc here.

Ozzy Osbourne in hospital...

Postby Fozzer » Tue Dec 09, 2003 2:45 pm

News...

Ozzy 'stable' after night in intensive care.

Doctors say Ozzy Osbourne is in a stable condition after breaking eight ribs, his collarbone and a vertebra in his neck in a quad bike accident.

He was taken to Wexham Park Hospital in Slough on Monday after the accident at his Buckinghamshire estate.

The hospital's medical director, Dr Dick Jack, said the singer had spent the night in intensive care after emergency surgery which restored the blood flow to a blood vessel damaged in the accident.

Dr Jack said that the fractured vertebra was "entirely stable" and added that blood supply to his left hand and arm, which had been impeded by the damage to the blood vessel, had been restored.

He was unable to confirm whether other members of the Osbourne family are expected at the hospital.

(c) Copyright Ananova Ltd 2003, all rights reserved.

Ozzy Osbourne
Courtesy of http://www.freeserve.co.uk

Just goes to show just how dangerous messing about with quad bikes can be.... :'(...!
The same thing happened to Rick Mayall, (from the television series "Bottom"), and I dont think he has really got over it, even now... ::)...!

Paul.
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Ozzy Osbourne in hospital...

Postby Hagar » Tue Dec 09, 2003 2:53 pm

Just goes to show just how dangerous messing about with quad bikes can be.... :'(...!
The same thing happened to Rick Mayall, (from the television series "Bottom"), and I dont think he has really got over it, even now... ::)...!

Paul.

Too true Foz. Mind you, this report is a tad more accurate than today's Sun. They said poor old Ozzy* broke his neck. According to the latest BBC Radio 2 news reports he's still in intensive care. His wife flew over from the US to be with him.

*PS. That's Ozzy Osbourne - not our esteemed moderator chappie. Mind you, nothing would surprise me with the daft things he gets up to. :o

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Tue Dec 09, 2003 3:25 pm

*PS. That's Ozzy Osbourne - not our esteemed moderator chappie. Mind you, nothing would surprise me with the daft things he gets up to. :o

That's right Hagar...!
I keep trying to change his ways, and encourage him to fly little Cessna 152's instead of those dangerous "Spitfire things" he insists on wooshing around on... :'(...!
He won't listen to me, and it will all end in tears, I know... ::)...!
LOL...!

Cheers... ;D...!
Paul.
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby ozzy72 » Tue Dec 09, 2003 3:30 pm

I've just seen this news in the Guardian online, and I was shocked to hear this had happened to John.
I do know 'the other Ozzy' as he lives just down the road from my mum, and he's a v.nice chap. I hope he'll make a full recovery soon, the Guardian article seemed v.positive, and they hope to get him off the resperator shortly.

Ozzy (not of Black Sabbath fame)
There are two types of aeroplane, Spitfires and everything else that wishes it was a Spitfire!
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Hagar » Tue Dec 09, 2003 3:39 pm

That's right Hagar...!
I keep trying to change his ways, and encourage him to fly little Cessna 152's instead of those dangerous "Spitfire things" he insists on wooshing around on... :'(...!
He won't listen to me, and it will all end in tears, I know... ::)...!
LOL...!

Cheers... ;D...!
Paul.

Well, I suppose that's quite bad enough but I was thinking of his escapades in the real world. Things like hanging by the fingernails from icy ledges halfway up bleedin' great mountains & buzzin' around in Russian-built helicopters - dangerous things they are & you can chop the tail rotor off with the main one if you're not careful.
Last edited by Hagar on Tue Dec 09, 2003 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby ozzy72 » Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:54 am

It will all end in tears, you mark my words.

Actually Hagar it normally ends in A&E with stitches and pain killers ;D ;D ;D
There are two types of aeroplane, Spitfires and everything else that wishes it was a Spitfire!
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Hagar » Thu Dec 11, 2003 4:55 am

Actually Hagar it normally ends in A&E with stitches and pain killers ;D ;D ;D

Which neatly brings us back on topic. ;)

All I can say is that some people have very strange ideas of fun. I find life quite dangerous enough without tempting fate. :o :P

My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Music, Arts & Entertainment