My fingers hurt!

Discuss Movies, Music, TV, etc here.

My fingers hurt!

Postby Jared » Sat Nov 22, 2003 10:08 pm

And no not from playing guitar for hours on end...:-) but from restringing the 12 string! Blasted thing took almost 2 hours to restring! the new bright tone of the strings (SIT) was well worth it though...:-)
Jared
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: My fingers hurt!

Postby cub3pp » Sat Nov 22, 2003 10:12 pm

oh, when i read the topic it looked a little wiered
cub3pp

Postby Sock » Sat Nov 22, 2003 10:38 pm

Ezzz...And I thought restinging my 6 was a b****.  Hmp, and I'm going to buy one. ::)  Once I have it, probably just going to buy new strings. ::)

Man, imagine restringing a double! :o

Sock
Sock
Major
Major

Postby Paz » Sun Nov 23, 2003 6:10 am

I have had several 12 strings over the years and yes they do suck to change the strings on, and then to get the strings streched properly and back into tune can be a nightmare. They sure do sound nice when you're done though.
 The only 12 string I have left is an Ovation medium bowl roundback electric/acoustic, it's just like my purple 6 string Ovation which is also Electric/acoustic with a shallow bowl, except the 12 is a natural finish, I also have another Ovation 6 string that is acoustic only with a light bluish green finish with a deep bowl.
 I really love the sound of a roundback for some reason, other than that I have a classical/spanish acoustic guitar with nylon strings and a real fat neck.
 I think I've gotten rid of all the other acoustics I have owned, either by selling them, loaning them out and forgetting who has them, or sometimes they just come up missing and I'm not sure what happened to them.
Still no linked images allowed around here Paz! Naughty...
Paz
Major
Major

Postby Jared » Wed Nov 26, 2003 10:09 pm

Hey! It's now 3 days later, and the tonal quality was definately worth the effort of changing the strings! With the thanksgiving holiday tomorrow I MIGHT have time to restring the other five guitars!  ;D ;D ;D (only six strings on the rest of them...)
Jared
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Wing Nut » Mon Dec 01, 2003 1:03 am

Well, I thought that was going to be about something else!  ;D
[img]http://www.simviation.com/phpupload/uploads/1440377488.jpg[/img]
Wing Nut
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Jared » Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:07 am

Here's a quick shot of the infamous 12 string that started this whole post...:-) It's my avorite guitar and has the tonal quality that most people dream of having...:-)

Last edited by Jared on Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jared
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Return to Music, Arts & Entertainment