sock it to em

What are you laughing at?

sock it to em

Postby yancovitch » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:34 pm

when i get out of the shower, the first thing i do is rush to put on my socks.....so if suddenly there is an earthquake, and they find me in the rubble.....at least i'll have my socks on.........
yancovitch
Major
Major

Location: born montreal, lived vancouver, now live in burns lake bc.

Re: sock it to em

Postby B0ikat » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:38 pm

On a similar note, Mom always said to wear clean underwear in case you're in an accident. Hmmmm... If you're in an accident, clean underwear prior to said accident might be pointless. :shock:
B0ikat
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby H » Tue May 14, 2019 8:18 am

B0ikat wrote:On a similar note, Mom always said to wear clean underwear in case you're in an accident. Hmmmm... If you're in an accident, clean underwear prior to said accident might be pointless. :shock:
To better explain your concern, even if the external situation was but a very close call, the resulting accident was in the underwear...

8-)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby yancovitch » Wed May 15, 2019 4:29 pm

:D
yancovitch
Major
Major

Location: born montreal, lived vancouver, now live in burns lake bc.

Postby Fozzer » Wed May 15, 2019 4:56 pm

In times of dire stress, always keep the buttocks firmly clenched... ;) ... ;) ....!

Paul.... :mrgreen: ....!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby H » Thu May 16, 2019 6:50 pm

Fozzer wrote:In times of dire stress, always keep the buttocks firmly clenched...!
Which reverts to the mouth for expulsion...
in what stance should we be — upright to go through the floor or bent over to explode butt-first through the wall? My, I thought we were friends... will you now tell us to clamp our mouth, nose and ears, as well, so we'll burst apart in all directions?

8-)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby napamule » Sun May 19, 2019 1:21 am

You are supposed to drop to ground and roll. Wait...that is in case you are on fire, isn't it? Ok, then maybe just drop to ground, bend body into a ball, and just roll (with the punches?). Unless you live in a high rise in which case you better grab your umbrella.....might help slow you down on the way down (ouch). And, if naked, when you 'land' you can use it ass 'cover' (pun intended, hehe).
Chuck B
Napamule
napamule
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby H » Wed May 29, 2019 12:29 pm

napamule wrote:You are supposed to drop to ground and roll. Wait...that is in case you are on fire, isn't it? Ok, then maybe just drop to ground, bend body into a ball, and just roll (with the punches?). Unless you live in a high rise in which case you better grab your umbrella.....might help slow you down on the way down (ouch). And, if naked, when you 'land' you can use it ass 'cover' (pun intended, hehe).
Chuck B
Napamule
Holy crap! Pray, tell, you don't wind up in the tumble with butt down and umbrella to the bottom with shaft upward? May slow one down longer than just the way down.
:shock:

8-)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby A Hobbit » Fri May 31, 2019 10:23 pm

This is called the "Mary Poppins" and really works for about 20 ft or so. After that, not so well. I am almost 61 yrs old and know this for a fact....At 14, my best friend, whom we shall refer to as "Rick" and I took the umbrellas from our patios. He from his and I from mine, without asking permission and walked about 1 1/2 miles to the sand cliffs above the Oregon beaches we had lived near our entire lives. Stood looking out over the pacific ocean. Each of us downed a half of a 16 oz bottle of Pepsi Cola, clutched our umbrellas tightly, and with a muttered prayer and a loud "Geronimo", stepped off of said cliff...and began to float gently down. We looked at each other and smiled ecstatic smiles and for 20 or 25 ft, we were men...Until a gust of wind wafted up the face of the cliffs and turned our patio parasols inside out, where upon our decent went from a gentle float to a rapid flailing fall. We landed in two undignified heaps on a wet, sandy beach.

Oh we had "slipped the surly bonds of Earth, put out our hands and touched the face of God" and wafted gently for about 20 or 25 ft and then dropped for another 30 or 40 ft. It was an angry beach we landed on! But not as angry as our fathers were. We were kept in the hospital over night an this if nothing else probably saved our lives, not from wounds brought on from the fall. but from the "horse whupping" our fathers had promised us as we lay heaped up on the beach. Although, when we returned home with our moms the next day, our fathers were both busy as beavers....building wood sheds!

And with the threat of being taken out behind said wood shed hanging over our heads, we were not allowed to have any contact for 3 weeks and had to pay for new patio umbrellas... I still awake to the sound of the umbrella turning inside out, a "ssshhhaaaTUNK" and a high pitched "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeee". These nightmares are shockingly real and will even wake my wife, she swears she can't hear the umbrella giving up, but is truly agitated by the "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeee" sound. We are so attuned she must be able to read my mind. Although she swears the sound that wakes her is my "high pitched shriek". She is obviously in denial.
A Hobbit
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Humour