Wot 'appens....

What are you laughing at?

Wot 'appens....

Postby Fozzer » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:59 am

..when you get REALLY ANGRY!...>>>

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Sho ... 973817.php

Just take a deep breath?.... :lol: ....!

Paul.... :mrgreen: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Wot 'appens....

Postby Apex » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:46 pm

Long ago in an intersection not far away from my house, on a cold winter's day that saw me wearing gloves (this is Miami, now, it was cold that day) pulled up to a red light, stopped, and the jerk ahead of me for no reason whatsoever gets out of his car and starts towards me waving his arms and swearing out loud.

I took out the night stick I keep handy, put it on the dash in full view.

He shut up very quickly and got back into his car.

The combination of the gloves and stick were a good visual deterrent. Lucky for him. I would not have hesitated to use it.

I now carry the lower part of a hiking pole (No, officer, it's not a weapon, the other half is in the trunk in case I get back pains.") and an LED flashlight to blind any would be offenders.

Be prepared. Contrive a plan and stick to it.
Apex
Major
Major

Re: Wot 'appens....

Postby H » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:43 pm

Apex, In the situation you described, if his vehicle doesn't out-weigh yours, perhaps an uncle's method...
The fellow ahead exits his stopped vehicle and comes toward your vehicle...
You gently step on the gas, passing him, and take note of his plate number...
You continue on a straight course to his vehicle until your car's front bumper meets his car's rear bumper...
You quickly, but gently, increase the pressure on your accelerator pedal, putting his vehicle in motion

_____[this will take some power and skill because his car will go into a resistive skid: his transmission is locked]...
You continue for some distance (if there's no embankment, the further, the better);
If there's an embankment, gently pull toward the road's center until his car heads toward the road's edge...
Continue and slow as his car goes off the road...
Back up if you must to clear his vehicle, then hit your accelerator...
As you pass by his vehicle, you may wave good-bye as you go on your way.

8-)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Return to Humour