Postby yancovitch » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:50 pm

105 year old woman's remedies to her health

''for better digestion, i drink beer
in the case of appetite loss, i drink white wine
in the case of low blood pressure, i drink red wine
in the case of high blood pressure, i drink scotch
and when i have a cold, i drink schnapps''
''when do you drink water?''
''i've never been that sick..................
yancovitch
Major
Major

Location: born montreal, lived vancouver, now live in burns lake bc.

Re: for the regular guys here

Postby Anthindelahunt » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:17 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Anthin.. :shifty:
Anthindelahunt
Major
Major

Postby H » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:18 am

Why are we answering this... there are no 'regular' guys here (according to Foz, there's no guys at all)?

I don't care for beer/ale -- it's bitter -- no matter the digestion condition.

Don't recall drinking white wine but, most of my life, I tended to eat more with an upset stomach and, if there was an appetite loss, I must have slept through it.

I actually did allow some of the grape juice from our sweet purples to ferment and, coincidentally, my blood pressure was on the low side for the early part of my life

I'm part Scottish, not Scotch... and when my blood pressure surprisingly read high a while ago, I commanded it back down within seconds (while it was still being monitored)

I have never tried schnapps and it doesn't sound attractive

I drink water because I'm that sick to need it.

8-)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Tug002 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:02 pm

I drink when the occasion is just right, which is always :lol:

Keep smiling
Tug :)
Tug002
Captain
Captain

Postby yancovitch » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:46 pm

wow...i'm impressed...to control blood pressure by will.....i've been experimenting with that too........but i haven't got it yet.....would be interested in your technique.....and you're right, regular was the wrong adjective........me....i'm such an extremist in my life style, that i assumed that everyone else is regular :D .......
yancovitch
Major
Major

Postby H » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:39 pm

One 6th grade classmate said he could wiggle his nose (he flared them) and another couldn't do that but wiggled his ears; after watching them, I did both. Another classmate said there were a lot of normally unused muscles in the human body but some were only controlled by automated parts of the brain (he didn't say it that way but it's what he meant), such as the heart. That challenged me so, in the solitude of my bed, I put my right thumb on my left inner wrist vein and concentrated on stopping my heart. It was somewhat erratic at first and I also stopped my breathing. It seemed longer but I probably never stopped my heartbeat for even a minute because my average time for holding my breath at the time was just over a minute and I've never passed out in the process.
In concentrating I can now slow my heart rather than stop it, but it's somewhat of a deceptive, at least limited, procedure for blood pressure control. As the nurse not quite sarcastically said, "Do you think you can do that for 24 hours a day?"
Aside from the possibility that our brains should have ample space to set up a special 'blood flow monitor and flow control', her question also avoided the fact that our blood pressure doesn't usually increase just because our heart decides to exert some extra power -- there's another cause. We have only one heart (pump) for the whole system and a physical cause is the danger. A collapse, or blockage, anywhere means the heart has to push harder to get the same amount of blood everywhere -- and the blood must flow efficiently enough for proper filtering as well as for nourishment, maintenance and repairs anywhere and everywhere.

8-)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby yancovitch » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:30 pm

yes...interesting............although i take a blood pressure pill, i've been working on blood pressure control via the emotions.....with me, i think it's subliminal anxieties...so i work on relaxing my attention at the eye center with a feeling of surrender....and it seems to be working...at nite though, occassionally those anxieties come to the surface and the blood pressure goes up, but as soon as i'm up...it goes down.......fun to discover these things....cheers....
yancovitch
Major
Major

Return to Humour