A Dallas, Texas, Police Lady...

What are you laughing at?

A Dallas, Texas, Police Lady...

Postby Fozzer » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:04 am

..."I just want to go to work in the morning.... :D ....

...put people in jail.... :pray: ....

...and then go home again".... :D ...!

TV; CBS Reality.

Paul .... :lol:.... :lol: ....!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Re: A Dallas, Texas, Police Lady...

Postby Anthindelahunt » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:20 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks for the laugh Fozzer.
You could also add.Shoot someone.If
they survive,shoot them again. :angry-nono:

Anthin. :o
Anthindelahunt
Major
Major

Postby Canuck1955 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:46 pm

Yeah thanks for that, slipping into the false narrative of how cops think and behave. This belongs in the same box as parents telling their naughty child that they will get the policeman to deal with them. Not helpful. Not amusing.
Canuck1955
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:10 am

Canuck1955 wrote:Yeah thanks for that, slipping into the false narrative of how cops think and behave. This belongs in the same box as parents telling their naughty child that they will get the policeman to deal with them. Not helpful. Not amusing.

Part of an actual interview with a serving Woman Police Sergeant driving in her patrol car and describing her typical daily activities working in downtown Dallas, Texas.

Solving some of the problems which they encounter there, and in other urban Cities in the USA.

(It may be different in Canada?).... :think: ... ;) ...!

A police officer; "telling it exactly like it is" which I found highly enlightening!

...... but there is the other side of Police activity which everyone loves!...>>>

At there recent Notting Hill Carnival in London, England!...>>>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q36GzKBEz4c

All in fun.... as usual!

Paul... :mrgreen: ....!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Canuck1955 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:09 pm

I was referring to the reply to your first posting. It undoes all the thousands of good works which go unmentioned everyday but one or two transgressions by asshat cops gets front and center attention. Comments like that make the job just that bit harder and it is frankly tiresome to constantly hear and read them. As for the dancing Met copper, I thought he was having a seizure. Embarrassing or what?
Canuck1955
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby H » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:08 am

Canuck1955 wrote:I was referring to the reply to your first posting. It undoes all the thousands of good works which go unmentioned everyday but one or two transgressions by asshat cops gets front and center attention. Comments like that make the job just that bit harder and it is frankly tiresome to constantly hear and read them. As for the dancing Met copper, I thought he was having a seizure. Embarrassing or what?

The great confusion of mood swings and diverse and fickle attitude;
drunk and sober, considerate and depraved, perverse and prude.

I once had an officer pull me over on a busy road. Just ahead was an auto lot where I could get away from the traffic so, squeezed as best I could on the roadside, I started for it.
The officer got upset and his P.A. bellowed, "Stop your vehicle!" I did so and the officer came to my window with some vehicles passing less than a foot or so away from him. In his outlook, I expect, I'd been trying to sneak away from him...

A long while before this, something past the midnight hour and headed for home and sleep, the headlamps behind me were catching up; every time I rounded a curve I ignored the speed limit and sped up, quickly slowing before the headlamps reappeared behind me -- now some distance further behind me but beginning to catch up again. This kept up until I came upon a low speed zone and a four-way village stop, with the next curve over a mile beyond. He now considerably closed the gap. I began to speed up as soon as I neared the 50mph sign -- he put on his flashing lights (I'd suspected it might be a patrol car but now I knew for sure). However, another ½ mile into the ravine and back up to the hilltop, I finally pulled over and stopped. The officer said I'd exceeded the previous zoned speed before reaching the 50mph zone -- then he didn't think I was going to stop. I told him, "We're in plain sight now. If somebody smacks you into my car we'll know it was done on purpose."
Now, there are things relative to relatives, as well as acquaintances and media, that I am not happy with. My life has been a soap opera of everything between good and very bad. One once close relative knifed a chunk out of his blind sister's leg; later, not knowing the difference between love and lust, he bragged that he'd taken her virginity; let alone my own sister, I could never, not ever, do that to anyone but he seemed to think it was all in fun because she couldn't see who was doing it!
To varying degrees, most of us have a conscience -- but a few of us are downright insane! Good or bad, most of us don't have time machines to undo what's done (and some of us are sure to mess up something else if we did). When it's less desirable, some ignore it, some revile it (most often in vain) and some of us try to find some humor in it (also often in vain but, at least, we're not so miserable over it).
There's much more I could say on this but, once again, I've spent too much serious data in the humour column.

8-)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:44 am

Many thanks for your detailed reply; @H!..... ;) ...!

I read all of it, with much interest!

Paul.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Humour