cute

What are you laughing at?

cute

Postby yancovitch » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:17 pm

hmmmm...wrote a song many years ago about someone who can't find his car in a parking lot.....can't write the music here, but you get the idea...was a bossa nove style... like sung by astrud gilberto....anyways, the underlined words are paused like whole notes....ok...childish and imature...but what the heck ...that's who i am :mrgreen: ....had only shared it with a few friends....

my car lost, my car gone
so sad i can not find my own car
was parked here, one ho-ur
can't remember if i left it exactly here or there

i coun-ted the spa-ces,
i'm sure t'was six-eight-ten-or fourteen
there are now no pla-ces,
just a lot of other cars to be seen

it was small and brightly yellow, or was it green or red or blue
wish i could ask someone to tell me whether it was old or new

if you chance to find it
a car you're not too sure that is there
please kindly, return it
cause i am sure that it belongs to me
yancovitch
Major
Major

Location: born montreal, lived vancouver, now live in burns lake bc.

Re: cute

Postby Fozzer » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:49 am

..... :lol: ... :lol: ...!

You are a Poet...

...and don't know it!...Yan!

Strange coincidence, Yan...
....this morning before I woke up I was dreaming about miss-laying my Motorcycle in the middle of my town and seemed to spend ages looking for it!

Funny things happen in my nightly Dream-Land! .... :?

Paul .... :mrgreen: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Hagar » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:54 am

This reminds me of the time I parked my hire car in the huge car park at Universal Studios in Florida. I neglected to make a note of location & when I came out it looked completely different. I'd only had the car for a few hours & couldn't remember the model or exact colour, only that it was red. I was beginning to think that I would have to wait until all the visitors had departed when I passed a red car & recognised something I'd left on the back seat. To say that I was relieved is an understatement. :doh:

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Apex » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:36 am

Been awhile, but I used to have actual recurring dreams along these lines, I'd park somewhere, get out, and either couldn't find my car or it was gone when I got back.

Now, the experts would render all sorts of interpretations thereof, right? But here's what I think: The reason I've had these type dreams is because my subconscious really wants
me to be driving a Ferrari, so it "loses" my car. Of course, I can't afford a Ferrari, so the dreams keep comin' back. So much for the experts, huh?

Now where did I put that beer, coulda sworn it was right here. Wonder what the experts would say about misplacing a beer.
Apex
Major
Major

Postby Anthindelahunt » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:25 am

Yes I agree.You're a Poet
but you don't know it.
Your feet show it.
They're longfellows. :lol: :lol:

Anthin... :mrgreen:
Anthindelahunt
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:49 am

Hagar blames my vivid dreams on me insisting that I eat a big meal before going to bed every night.

But they are so real!

In brilliant Technicolour, including Dolby Surround Sound!

Carrying out long conversations with folks....

Travelling through familiar, realistic scenery...

The really nice ones make me reluctant to wake up, and when I finally wake up I think I am still in the dream!

Funny how the old Brain works...awake and asleep!

A very clever piece of kit!

...am I typing this stuff for real? ....:? ...!

Paul ..... :sleeping-yellow: ....!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby yancovitch » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:34 pm

thanks, glad i posted.....was worried that i might embarrass myself, which i guess doesn't really matter:D .........ha...what i often dream about, is trying to find a place to pee.....either too exposed to public, or bathroom too dirty, or can't get it :) etc etc....
yancovitch
Major
Major

Location: born montreal, lived vancouver, now live in burns lake bc.

Postby H » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:19 pm

yancovitch wrote:thanks, glad i posted.....was worried that i might embarrass myself, which i guess doesn't really matter:D .........ha...what i often dream about, is trying to find a place to pee.....either too exposed to public, or bathroom too dirty, or can't get it :) etc etc....
Embarrass yourself, with the dream, perhaps... and finding the place is not the problem, thus far, I've had in the dreams... I find the place; it's when i awake and find the place in the dream is not where it went...
:oops:

8-)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Hawkeye07 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:08 pm

Hagar wrote:This reminds me of the time I parked my hire car in the huge car park at Universal Studios in Florida. I neglected to make a note of location & when I came out it looked completely different. I'd only had the car for a few hours & couldn't remember the model or exact colour, only that it was red. I was beginning to think that I would have to wait until all the visitors had departed when I passed a red car & recognised something I'd left on the back seat. To say that I was relieved is an understatement. :doh:

Now for a very different conclusion to your story Doug...We were in the Wisconsin Dells on vacation a few years ago and decided to ride on the Duck (Yep, the WW2 amphib vehicle)
After the ride we returned to the parking lot to go retrieve 0ur 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan. My wife spotted it first and proceeded to use her remote entry key fob to unlock the van's doors. After several frustrating minutes, a lot of cussing (her, not me) and questioning the quality and lineage of the Dodge products I quietly leaned over her shoulder and said as sweetly and thoughtfully as possible "Dear, this is not our van." That's when the fight started. :lol:

An Aircraft Mechanic only needs two tools, Duct Tape and WD40.
If it moves and it's not supposed to - use the Duct Tape.
If it doesn't move and it's supposed to - use the WD40.

Intel(R) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz, P55M-UD4, GeForce GTX960 8.00 GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit & 64 bit on separate HDs)
Hawkeye07
Major
Major

Postby Anthindelahunt » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:19 pm

Love it Hawkeye. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthin... :shifty:
Anthindelahunt
Major
Major

Return to Humour