What are you laughing at?

Beating the cops

Postby ozzy72 » Wed May 10, 2017 11:31 am

ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Beating the cops

Postby boromir125 » Wed May 10, 2017 4:22 pm

Having been a street cop in a previous life, I appreciate that more than you can imagine...because it happened...to me. No, I didn't ticket him; his license was a single engine rating...go figure. One learns quickly to (try) and keep the foot out of the mouth. But, I can also share this with everyone...I responded to a fender bender during a busy weekday morning. One driver in particular was very upset because he had his wife's car. Now, common sense isn't necessarily all that common. I made the mistake of asking why he was so upset, and he looked at me like I had two heads. He said he didn't know how to tell her that he'd damaged her car. With as straight a face as I could muster, I looked at the car, then back at him and said "Tell her that's the way the Mercedes Benz". I saw the muscles tighten and in all honesty I wouldn't have blamed him if he'd taken a swing, but he quickly relaxed, smiled then broke out in laughter. I don't know how the drive home went, nor do I know how he actually told her of the incident (accident) but the situation defused quickly, and everyone had a chuckle.
boromir125
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby davido53 » Wed May 10, 2017 10:28 pm

Yeah, people don't appreciate cop's sense of humor too often...if they only knew how much cutting up goes on around the station...

I once asked a guy if he could pass a psychomotor test...he said, 'sure, I have a motorcycle!'
davido53
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby ozzy72 » Thu May 11, 2017 7:21 am

I've got a couple of cousins and several friends who are policemen. Terrific guys, one of my friends was a "rat" (pursuit officer) and he pulled over a Porsche 911 that was flying along the A40 into west London one day, walked up to the car and said "Who do you think you are? Ayrton Senna?" and it was :D He also tugged Rowan Atkinson, but ended up laughing so hard he let him off :D :D :D
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Postby garrittpwl » Thu May 11, 2017 8:22 am

ozzy72 wrote:I've got a couple of cousins and several friends who are policemen. Terrific guys, one of my friends was a "rat" (pursuit officer) and he pulled over a Porsche 911 that was flying along the A40 into west London one day, walked up to the car and said "Who do you think you are? Ayrton Senna?" and it was :D He also tugged Rowan Atkinson, but ended up laughing so hard he let him off :D :D :D

Ah, to have met the legend. One could only dream.
garrittpwl
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Hawkeye07 » Fri May 12, 2017 5:39 pm

A sense of humor (humour) can certainly go a long way. Several years back I got pulled over for doing 61 mph in a 55 zone. I believe in "head out of the cockpit" driving and unfortunately I was pacing myself on the guy in front of me who was doing over the limit. ( I know --Delta Sierra!). Anyway, when the State Trooper was questioning me he asked if I had any priors. I replied that I didn't. Just then my adorable little six year old daughter sitting in her car seat right behind me piped up with "Yes you do Papa! You got a whole tool box full of them." The Trooper and I both looked at each other with surprised expressions boarding on shock :o .
Then it dawned on me... I replied " no cutie, he said "priors", not PLIERS." The Trooper, my wife and I all cracked up. It must have made his day because he let me off with a warning while the other guy got a ticket. Then he said "Just a minute I have some thing for you." He went to his car and came back with a Junior State Trooper badge for my daughter. :lol:

An Aircraft Mechanic only needs two tools, Duct Tape and WD40.
If it moves and it's not supposed to - use the Duct Tape.
If it doesn't move and it's supposed to - use the WD40.

Intel(R) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz, P55M-UD4, GeForce GTX960 8.00 GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit & 64 bit on separate HDs)
Hawkeye07
Major
Major

Postby ozzy72 » Sat May 13, 2017 4:53 am

I remember as an 8 year old in California my dad getting tugged by the CHiPs, we were doing 85 in the Caddy. My dad was terribly Scottish looking, whiter than white with red hair. The trooper walked up to the car (I was fascinated by what appeared to my 8 year old eyes a cannon strapped to his leg), he took one look at my dad and said "I don't want to hear any of your Limey bullsh*t about NOT knowing the speed limit!"
We had to follow him to the cop shop and dad had to pay a big fine for being naughty, me, I was just fascinated by the guns :D
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Fozzer » Sat May 13, 2017 5:21 am

ozzy72 wrote:I remember as an 8 year old in California my dad getting tugged by the CHiPs, we were doing 85 in the Caddy. My dad was terribly Scottish looking, whiter than white with red hair. The trooper walked up to the car (I was fascinated by what appeared to my 8 year old eyes a cannon strapped to his leg), he took one look at my dad and said "I don't want to hear any of your Limey bullsh*t about NOT knowing the speed limit!"
We had to follow him to the cop shop and dad had to pay a big fine for being naughty, me, I was just fascinated by the guns :D

..... :lol: ... :lol: ... :lol: ...!

Me?.... ;) ....

I keep well clear of the California Highway Patrol by ensuring that my Cessna 150 Aerobat is always at at least 1,000 feet AGL, as I tear down Highway 101/I-5, with a big grin on my face!... :dance: ...!

I take great pains to keep well away from Cops when I'm on my Motorcycle!.... :D ....!

One of the reasons why I now ride a; "Cruiser" Motorcycle, instead of my usual; "Sports" Motorcycles....

I now Cruise at sensible speeds whilst giving the Cops a; "Happy Wave".... :whistle: ....!

Paul....Observing the Speed Limits...(Trust me...Your Honour).... ;) ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Sinkrate » Sat May 13, 2017 10:03 am

GTA is great therapy for pig fatigue! :dance:

Rant alert! :evil:

BTW, it is far safer to go with the general flow of traffic than to stick doggedly to some arbitrary speed limit and cause others to overtake or become enraged because they are being held up. Safety is far more important than compliance with the letter of the law so GFYM to the all the jobsworth pigs of this world! :evil: :evil: :evil:

All clear, rant completed! :D
Sinkrate
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby pilotwin7 » Sat May 13, 2017 12:43 pm

Fozzer wrote:
Me?.... ;) ....

I keep well clear of the California Highway Patrol by ensuring that my Cessna 150 Aerobat is always at at least 1,000 feet AGL, as I tear down Highway 101/I-5, with a big grin on my face!... :dance: ...!

I take great pains to keep well away from Cops when I'm on my Motorcycle!.... :D ....!

One of the reasons why I now ride a; "Cruiser" Motorcycle, instead of my usual; "Sports" Motorcycles....

I now Cruise at sensible speeds whilst giving the Cops a; "Happy Wave".... :whistle: ....!

Paul....Observing the Speed Limits...(Trust me...Your Honour).... ;) ...!

pilotwin7
Major
Major

Postby H » Tue May 16, 2017 7:40 am

Well, another coincidental post?
Obviously, the pursuer has to go faster than you to catch you. Anywho... my dad killed his Lincoln's engine when I was in basic training so I let him have my Charger; when I later took leave time to NH, I got a new Monte Carlo to travel to my next duty station in Nebraska -- the Charger had a stiff suspension and rode like a covered wagon in comparison. I made it to Indiana and saw the flash of lights in the rear view. The officer, very pallid and shaking a bit, asked, "Do you know how fast you were going?"
I replied, "Yes, I looked when i saw your lights and i was doing 95."
"Not when I clocked you! You were doing 103.1"
Now, on the more coincidental aspect:
Last week a fellow ran the red light and sheered the front of my old, but recently purchased, Lincoln off, lifting up the front end and pivoting my car in the process. Neither of us was really injured but it could have been much worse if I'd ventured on my green arrow faster; he said he might have avoided me if he'd tried to turn into the drive I was trying for; no, he wouldn't have -- at his speed he would have spun his back end around and the only thing stopping him from rolling over would have been me!

8-)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Return to Humour