What is your favourite aircraft to fly?

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

Re: What is your favourite aircraft to fly?

Postby Flacke » Tue May 16, 2017 6:47 pm

My CARENADO BEECH A-36 BONANZA is very true to life and the systems and flight model are very good. Its one of the best airplanes out there .
Next is the CARENADO TBM-850 , a wonderful fast airplane that we use to fly from home field to Las Vegas non-stop. Thats one of my favorite flights.
Flacke
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Flacke » Tue May 16, 2017 6:56 pm

Jean Loup wrote:Better late tan never never: when posting KADET I meant KAYDET. Forgive my iliteracy :violin: :violin: :violin:

That airplane is commonly known as the STEARMAN BIPLANE. Military trainer versions were known as the Kaydet.
I friend of mine used to own two Stearmans, they are a very good-flying airplane and very well-built and strong. He had the big 450hp Pratts in his.
Glad that you got to experience one.
Flacke
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby H » Wed May 17, 2017 1:03 am

Seems I'll need to rejuvenate an XP or Win98 system to use my old graphics programs -- without internet connection! I made many repaints, edits and new panels for both default and 3rd-party acft that are now lost. I've done a few interaction repaints with multiple graphics programs more recently but it's slow and a bit of a hassle.
Nevertheless, my favored default acft from CFS1 was the Hurricane; the more modern (for the time) Spitfire was certainly the prettier but the Hurricane did me better in a close-in dogfight and could survive a beating (I sometimes had to belly land or, worse, flop it down on one gear; take-off and landings were a favored part of missions). However, there were times I preferred a P40, F4U or other acft I'd repainted and repanelled, sometimes transferring them to FS98 or FS2k2.
Some years ago I did a makeover with CFS1 for WWI; that meant editing the Dialog file among others, not just replacing the acft in the aircraft folder. My favored acft there was my Snoop's Sopwith Camel ("Ye Royal Shaft" displaying an arrow, with a crown on the arrowhead, on each side of the fuselage), a repaint of a 3rd-party Sopwith. I haven't engaged in that version for a long while but I transferred it to a USB flash drive; since it has a no-cd exe, it's usable by just plugging it in.

8-)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Herc-Canute » Wed May 17, 2017 8:22 am

for default aircraft my favorite aircraft are cessna 172, cessna 208 caravan, and beech baron. The king-air is very fun to fly. :D
From the Air Capital of the World, Wichita,Kansas
Herc-Canute
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Roypcox » Wed May 17, 2017 9:48 am

The C-47 {DC-3}would be mine!
Roypcox
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby zswobbie1 » Fri May 19, 2017 1:41 am

Avro Shackleton from Ysterplaat Air Force Base, FAYP in Cape Town, as i'm part of the Museum there, Beech Mentor, A22 Foxbat, for the low's 'n slow's, any of Milton's stuff, especially the D18 family, Spartan & Howard, Cessna 195, (Blinka's), any of Bill Lyons's planes, There are a few boats & cars as well.

I'm really having a lot of fun with my FS2004. I was getting a bit bored with point to point flying, & I discovered Garry Smith's Ford Tri-Motor Project, with amazing scenery, including ramps. I have a separate install just with his scenery, planes & textures, with a few selected suitable planes, including Milton's collection as well as Mike Stone's. This has really rekindled my simming adventures, as for me, simming is all about Facts, Fiction & Fun.
zswobbie1
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Sinkrate » Fri May 19, 2017 3:08 am

Anything that spits oil in your face and has more wings than is good for it! :dance:
Sinkrate
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Tug002 » Fri May 19, 2017 9:52 am

B-17G is one of my favorites and the P-51D

Keep smiling
Tug :)
Tug002
Captain
Captain

Previous

Return to General Discussion