Going 58 in a 65

Postby Brando14100 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:02 pm

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local ... html?yhp=1

That's just stupid if you ask me.

8-)
Brando14100

Re: Going 58 in a 65

Postby BFMF » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:19 pm

Slow drivers annoy me more than people who drive a little faster than the speed limit
BFMF
Colonel
Colonel

Postby BigTruck » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:43 pm

Slow drivers annoy me more than people who drive a little faster than the speed limit

[smiley=tekst-toppie.gif]  If he was driving in the left lane then good on the cop!!

Now, if you want to drive slower than the speed limit, by all means enjoy your ride and be safe...I have to do it everytime the wife is in the truck...BUT DO IT IN THE RIGHT LANE!!!!    >:(  I hate California highway drivers, they seem to miss every single "slower traffic keep right" sign on the damn freeway, I lose my mind every time I drive to and from work.  

It's simple and makes traffic flow nicely...someone rides up behind you, move to the right and let them pass real quick, then you can come back over to the fast lane and pretend that you hang with the reckless ones until the next dude in a hurry rides your butt and threatens your life under his breath.

/end rant.  That felt good.
Alienware X51_R2 (thank you wife) Windows 8.1, 6GB Ram, Intel Core i3-4150 CPU @3.50GHz
FSX Acceleration settings on max, no twitches or glitches.
Saitek X52 Stick and Throttle
BigTruck
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby tcco94 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:59 pm

;D I saw this earlier

Just shows how stupid cops are ::)
tcco94
Major
Major

Postby BFMF » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:03 pm

No kidding. Its painfull to watch a car driving 61 mph trying to pass another car that's driving 60mph on the highway. I feel like i'm watching a race between slugs... ;D

Another pet peeve of mine is that here in Spokane, where I-90 goes by Downtown, people have a hard time accelerating up the ramp to merge with traffic. I have followed slow cars onto I-90 and merged at 35 mph with traffic that is flowing 65 mph. That scares me, and pisses me off.

It's called merging for a reason. Not pulling out onto the interstate in front of cars that are travelling nearly twice as fast as you are, forcing them to hit their brakes.

I once watched a local military humvee accelerate faster than the civilian traffic up one of those ramps. Now that's pathetic...lol
Last edited by BFMF on Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BFMF
Colonel
Colonel

Postby BigTruck » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:52 pm

I once watched a local military humvee accelerate faster than the civilian traffic up one of those ramps. Now that's pathetic...lol

:o  Must have been one of the brand new turbo diesels, with no load on it and 1/4 tank of fuel  :-?  
Alienware X51_R2 (thank you wife) Windows 8.1, 6GB Ram, Intel Core i3-4150 CPU @3.50GHz
BigTruck
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby BFMF » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:02 pm

:o
BFMF
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Triple_7 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:38 pm

I can't stand slow traffic either, but in this case its just stupid, especially if it turns out he was actually in a 55mph zone.

Around here most of the highways I travel are 55mph (usually traffic moves at 60-65mph) and 2 lanes, nothing peeves me more then someone poking along at 40mph during one of the 2 "rush hours" morning and evening.
Triple_7

Postby BFMF » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:54 pm

I think what it all boils down to, and it angers me the most is that people just don't seem to move with a purpose or with a sense of urgency.
BFMF
Colonel
Colonel

Postby BigTruck » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:13 pm

[quote]

There's quite a few on ramps that don't really have a "merge lane" where you can get up to speed before slipping in, you have about 5 feet from the end of that ramp before you join the pack...ready or not ;D
BigTruck
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Ang2dogs » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:27 pm

AS they say, "Damed if you do, Damed if you don't"! The reports say that because of the economy you best watch your arse if your speeding, especially if your from out of state, cause it's a way for local governments to raise revenue. So now is the new protacll to raise cash is to pull over slow drivers? Were I live the speed limit on the interstate is 75, and we also have a minimue of 45 (and it is posted). Now I can't stand people who are going slow enough that they are a danger, but what happen to that fella is showing that policing is starting to becoming just another from of taxation, if that officer was ORDERED to operate that way. I have a truckcamper ( the kind that slides into the back of the pickup) and the beast weighs almost 8,000 lbs. The top speed I can safely drive it is 60mph ( I can get her up to 100 but that's when the front wheels start to come off the ground), but 60 is a safe comfortable drive. Now it's a 4speed and if i'm rolling (hopefully down) an on ramp I can usally be pretty close to hiway speed (50mph or better) before I have to merge, and I usally get up to sixty with in afew minutes. So now I'm going to have to worry about getting pulled over cause I have to go a little bit slower than the posted speed limit? And for arguments sake, I do try to drive the backroads (better scenery) and If I have someone behind me I will pull over as soon as I can to let them by! Bad enough fishing licenses, and parking fees are going up all over the place (Praise Jehovah that gas is'nt to bad this year), but to have to worry about getting TAXED (I mean fined) for nothing, is starting to really piss me off!!!!! >:( >:( >:(
Ang2dogs
Captain
Captain

Postby BFMF » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:42 pm

I do agree with you. I have no qualms with vehicles that have a harder time accelerating or driving above certain speeds. My brother used to have a little nissan pickup that was like that. Couldn't accelerate to save its life, and at 65 mph, it felt like the vehicle was just going to spontaneously combust from vibration...lol

But it's the average driver, driving the average vehicle that isn't moving with a purpose that bugs me
Last edited by BFMF on Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BFMF
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Ang2dogs » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:00 am

I do agree with you. I have no qualms with vehicles that have a harder time accelerating or driving above certain speeds. My brother used to have a little nissan pickup that was like that. Couldn't accelerate to save its life, and at 65 mph, it felt like the vehicle was just going to spontaneously combust from vibration...lol

But it's the average driver, driving the average vehicle that isn't moving with a purpose that bugs me

Right On! When I first got my TC, I only drove the back roads on some short trips so I can feel her out. It's the Idiots that buy these huge RVs or a pickup with a 5th wheel pulling a 50' camper with a car being towed on the back, and the don't know how to handel there rigs, that are real pain in the arsses, ( you know it's bad when I'm able to pass them), or granpa or granma driving the ol'Buick at 30mph down the interstate. ;D ;D
Ang2dogs
Captain
Captain

Postby BigTruck » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:39 am

I do get my revenge on everyone though
Last edited by BigTruck on Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
BigTruck
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Hagar » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:52 am

I can only assume that this motorist was driving in the "fast lane" & judged to be causing an obstruction. I'm surprised this happened in the US where I always thought you could pass a slower vehicle on either side. In this country it's an offence to cause an obstruction in an overtaking lane whatever speed you might be doing. (The two outside lanes on a 3-lane motorway are technically overtaking lanes.) It's also illegal to "undertake" or pass another vehicle on the left* although many people are forced to do this when encountering a centre-lane hog doing about 50 in the middle lane. This is the potential cause of accidents & means you need eyes in the back of your head when driving nowadays.

*Bear in mind that we drive on the left in this country.

PS. With the amount of congestion on our motorways it's difficult to exceed the speed limit these days.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Next

Return to General Discussion