FS2006

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

What features do you like improvement on or want to have?

The beaches
Updated scenery and mesh
Texture Compression
Video Card support
Updated Airports
AI flight plans and parking
Road traffic
Major Ave's and Streets. Not just highways

View results

Re: FS2006

Postby ATI_7500 » Mon Jan 05, 2004 1:59 pm

fences...sure. and what's next? mailboxes for every house?
ATI_7500

Postby Woodlouse2002 » Mon Jan 05, 2004 4:51 pm

You cannot expect too much from M$. They are making the entire Planet after all. I personally do not care about what the Miami coast looks like. I've never flowen there. I can't actually remember flying about New York either. But i'm sure I did so at some point.

However, as far as scenery goes I think CFS3 has to be commended. I can fly around Cornwall and actually recognise hills, towns and roads. And I believe this is probably one of the reasons I like it so much.

Basically, do not complain about the scenery. We'll get there in the end.

And Kahatu, the "mess" that M$ has made just happens to be the most extensive flight simulator series ever. No other simulator gives you the whole world to fly around. No other simulator gives you 23,000 airports to fly to. So stop complaining. If you could do better why don't you. If you can't, then simply be happy with what you've got.
Woodlouse2002 PITA and BAR!!!!!!!!

Our Sovereign Lord the King chargeth and commandeth all persons, being assembled, immediately to disperse themselves, and peaceably to depart to their habitations, or to their lawful business, upon the pains c
Woodlouse2002
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Billerator » Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:22 pm

Yeah I have to agree, you can only include so much when you are creating the whole world ( I sometimes think that people forget just how big the world is).

I have not flown in America once in FS9 and rareley before that, unfortunatley this game has to appeal to everyone in the world, which can't be too easy.

I would like for every airport to have parking and some AI default. AI helis would be excelent too.

My personal request would be the ability to declare an emergency to ATC and have it clear the runway or vector me to the nearest airport.
Billerator
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Katahu » Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:52 pm

Ok I'll stop complaining. But I am no longer getting any more FS releases from M$. I'll stick with my IL-2: FB from now on.

It's that I am tired of seeing M$ go down into a spiral with these sims. I guess Bill Gates is starting to get a little too greedy.

Back then, almost none of us complained about the sims. But ever since FS2000 came out, look at us.

I have now changed my mind. I no longer think it's because of M$'s level of effort. I know think it's because they now have poor managers or directors.
Katahu
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Katahu » Mon Jan 05, 2004 7:35 pm

PS: Sorry if I was somewhat short-tempered.

I use to tolerate some of the mistakes that were in the sim, but they later grew annoying.
Katahu
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Travis » Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:51 pm

I would deffinitely like to see more realistic roads, etc added, as I often fly VFR and would love to see my home town roads intact.
Travis
Major
Major

Postby Katahu » Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:33 am

Hey Silent, about that mailbox thing you mentioned.

NO....I did not meant THAT much detail.

I mentioned fenses because, since I fly GA and VFR in, I usually expect to see fenses when I park my aircraft near the edge of my airport in FS.

M$ does deserve credit for making just the globe. However, I do think M$ Game Studio should get a new business strategist [if they have one]. Remember, M$ released FS9 a little too early.

You're right, we do have plenty of addon developers who make free addons. However, I only see one developer who makes the airports for you-know-where.

While others are making scenery addons for places that I never visit in the FS world.

Think of me as a virtual isolationist in the FS world. I only fly over one area [you guessed it] and that's it. ::)
Katahu
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby ATI_7500 » Tue Jan 06, 2004 7:49 am

okay, i've got one wish for FS 2006,concerning the shape of the "world": a sphere instead of a cylinder...
ATI_7500

Postby Katahu » Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:14 am

The sphere-vs-cylinder issue concerns me a little.

In Orbiter Space Flight Simulator, each planet is made out of a complete sphere. However, there seems to be a flaw with this method.

If you go to Mars and attempt to travel over Mars' North and South poles, the sim will always crash.

This is because the sim is having a tough time rendering the single vertex that is located at each pole.

But this only happens when you travel directly over the pole.

If M$ uses the idea of a sphere, we'll be able to travel to the exact poles, but the sim would possibly crash to the desktop because of the rendering difficulties.

Or maybe I'm wrong. I'm saying this because in Orbiter, the CTD issue [crash to desktop] seems to only involve Mars and not other planets. The author of the sim pointed this out. Besides, I tried it out on Earth and the sim didn't crash.

The author of Orbiter uses a utility [included with the latest release] that allows an addon developer to apply planet textures [*.dds or *.tex] to the surface of the place he/she creates or modifies.

So, if M$ begins to use the sphere instead of the cyclinder method, you better hope that the sim doesn't crash as you reach the poles [which is unlikely].
Katahu
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Previous

Return to General Discussion