Flyng Lessons

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

Flyng Lessons

Postby EirePlane » Thu Mar 27, 2003 12:00 pm

I was just wondering if anyone here knew anything about flight training. I have found a seemingly good deal and was wondering if any of you agree. here are the specs.
The Land Away Double (1 hour)*
Experience 2 take-offs and landings and fly the aeroplane yourself! Land Away Double is designed as a unique double value introduction. It comprises 2 'hands on' 30 minute training flights with an instructor in one of our modern dual controlled training aircraft. You fly to another airfield, land and have a coffee with your instructor. Question him or her about all aspects of flying. A comprehensive pre-flight briefing and after flight discussion complete this all inclusive lesson, designed to be 'flying fun' as well as counting towards your Private Pilot's Licence.

Also if any of you know anywhere near London where I could get a better deal please tell me

EDIT: In case you didn't realise I am thinking of taking lessons. This particular Flight is from Elstree Aerodrome
Last edited by EirePlane on Thu Mar 27, 2003 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EirePlane
Captain
Captain

Re: Flyng Lessons

Postby Hagar » Thu Mar 27, 2003 12:14 pm

It sounds pretty good to me. You forgot to mention the cost so I can't say how good the deal is. To count the time towards your PPL I think you would need to have a Student Pilots Licence or whatever the equivalent is today. It might be worth giving them a ring to clarify this. I'm sure they will be pleased to answer any questions. Good luck. ;)

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Craig. » Thu Mar 27, 2003 12:27 pm

sounds good to me,
and i didnt need a student license when i took a trial lesson and it still counted towards my ppl hours, dont know if its differant where you live hagar
Craig.
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Hagar » Thu Mar 27, 2003 12:45 pm

sounds good to me,
and i didnt need a student license when i took a trial lesson and it still counted towards my ppl hours, dont know if its differant where you live hagar

Well, my info is rather out of date, 1960 to be exact. LOL

EirePlane. If you're serious about this I think it's worth confirming with the flying club. After posting my first reply I checked your age. I think this is worth mentioning too. I'm sure they can work something out.
Last edited by Hagar on Thu Mar 27, 2003 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Craig. » Thu Mar 27, 2003 1:21 pm

:) fair enough
but thinking about it, it is always a good thing to check
Craig.
Colonel
Colonel

Postby ozzy72 » Thu Mar 27, 2003 2:23 pm

It sounds pretty good Eireplane, my advice is pick up the phone and call them and discuss the ins and outs and see if there are any restrictions e.g. age, medical etc.
But if the price is right go for it! Oh and Elstree is only just outside W.London, not far from Slough.

Ozzy ;)
There are two types of aeroplane, Spitfires and everything else that wishes it was a Spitfire!
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Postby EirePlane » Thu Mar 27, 2003 3:21 pm

it's
EirePlane
Captain
Captain

Postby Fozzer » Thu Mar 27, 2003 3:46 pm

Just to compare prices, here is a chart of charges for various aeroplanes at my local aerodrome....

http://www.aeroclub.co.uk/HACDefault.htm

They include a full briefing before and after each flight and you receive a certificate which goes towards your PPL.
(Note 1 hour flying in a Cessna 150/152 is
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby ozzy72 » Thu Mar 27, 2003 4:16 pm

Hey Paul, you know what they say. A good landing is one you walk away from, a great one is were they can use the aircraft again.

Mark ;)
There are two types of aeroplane, Spitfires and everything else that wishes it was a Spitfire!
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Smoke2much » Thu Mar 27, 2003 5:41 pm

Go for it!!!!!

I have my first lesson booked for 3rd April 2003 at 11.00.

I was going to have a trial flight but thought "what the hell" and booked a full hour in a piper warrior for
Who switched the lights off?
Smoke2much
Major
Major

Postby Hagar » Thu Mar 27, 2003 6:05 pm

I would say go for it. From experience it's much more practical & convenient to use a local club.
My old company have dealt with Cabair for years & I know they're a reputable outfit. From the description, Fozzer's local club is a non profit-making organisation which does make it cheaper overall although there is an annual membership fee. The actual cost for their 1 hour trial lesson is
Last edited by Hagar on Thu Mar 27, 2003 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby pete » Thu Mar 27, 2003 7:13 pm

It sounds pretty good Eireplane, my advice is pick up the phone and call them and discuss the ins and outs and see if there are any restrictions e.g. age, medical etc.
But if the price is right go for it! Oh and Elstree is only just outside W.London, not far from Slough.

Ozzy ;)

Ozzy...
Last edited by pete on Fri Mar 28, 2003 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ozzy72 » Fri Mar 28, 2003 1:54 am

Pete I've been here a loooooong time. Occassionally my geography goes a bit off. This is why I fly so low, I can read the street signs (even inverted!) ;D
As for magazines, outside of Budapest English language mags are a rarity, and English language books have only recently started turning up in bookshops too.

Mark ;D
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Fozzer » Sat Mar 29, 2003 4:37 am

.....at 6'5" I can't fit into a cessna 152.

Will ;D

Hi Will.... ;D...!
...flippin' Norah... :o...!
All that faggin' hasn't stunted your growth then...?
.... ;D....!

Cheers mate on the flight.... :)...!
Take care...
Paul.
(England).
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Smoke2much » Sat Mar 29, 2003 5:39 am

That's why I smoke mate ;)

5 days to go and hoping for VFR conditions on the 3rd!!!

Will ;D
Who switched the lights off?
Smoke2much
Major
Major

Next

Return to General Discussion